Getting it under control

Finally dialed my water in to about 6.3 and water them with about a half gallon of water through pump sprayer. Gonna add in cal-mag and PH it right for the next few waterings. Should I trim the bottoms again? I feel like its getting to a point to where I’m trimming every 3 days.

2 Likes

There are lots opinions on trimming.

I don’t trim much. But I don’t like tight nodal spacing and have the room to let my plants open up a bit.

Typically though, I like to keep the bottom 4-6” clear. It promotes air flow and nothing worthy usually comes of anything that low.

1 Like

Ok good to know i will work on trimming the bottom 6 inches of each girl. What about netting? How am I supposed to manuever if its there?

Are you planning on a Scrog net?

1 Like

Yes. Just having trouble figuring all this out.

1 Like

It’s hard to get a size perspective from pics.
Usually I’d drop the net when plants hit about 18-22”. Then, as they grew, I’d tuck and fold them through the net. It seems like a lot of wasted space but it’s not. Once you try watering or getting between the pot and net you’ll understand what I mean
As the canopy filled I’d slowly trim off leaves from the pot up.
When the net was 75% full, I’d flip to 12/12. I like my bud sites about 3-5” off the net.
After the net was full and the stretch was over, I’d slowly trim back everything under the canopy/net within about 2-3”.

1 Like

@croberts1290 Are you aware that calmag
MUST be added to your water FIRST, before anything else?

1 Like

I am now.

I did not know this but I have always added it first for some reason.

1 Like