Getting impatient

Almost 7 weeks into flowering, in the past I would have had these chopped down but in the past I chopped early. This time around I’m doing my best to hold off. With that said I know there could be criticism because of the lack of room they grew to tall for the space but I should get some decent nuggets anyway. Next grow I am not growing like this, I intend to make the grow room bigger and I’m going to top and scrog. Iv’e never done this before never even heard of it until I joined this forum so I will need help.I know their not quite ready yet one is further along than the other but thats

ok i will just harvest one before the other.

Waaay too soon to harvest. Let go as long as possible…it needs to fill out. And the white cotton candy says…too soon.

1 Like

tanlover442, Actually this pic doesn’t do any justice at all. there is not nearly as much white on the pistols as seen, theyr’e mostly orange and the tricomes are for the most part cloudy with just a few amber spots.

Uploading… but yes I am going to let it go until its ready.

Still looks like mostly white pistols left

HornHead, It’s about 60/40 red right now. With that said and what I said in my first post normally I would be cutting them down or at least flushing right now but I am waiting on this grow, if it takes 2 weeks ok if its 4 weeks so be it. their not coming down early this time. Im growing Critical mass for medical purposes and need the CBD in my last grows the strains didn’t hve much if any CBD and i thought cutting early would give more CBD but I believe I was wrong. hopfully I’m right this time

1 Like

Can you get a cheap jewelers loupe and tape it over your camera? It’s the beat way to determine when to harvest. Is your 7 weeks from flip or from pre flowers? Either way you probably have a little

1 Like

I have 2 jewlers loupe’s One is 30x the other is 60x I have tried to take pics using them with camera and it doesnt work for me, Iv’e been unable to get pics that way. Believe me I would like to because people here know a hell of a lot more than I do. Al I can do Is be as honest as I can and be real about the plants so I can time the harvest. I do have time I know that the tops on this plant just started bulking up the other one is a couple weeks behind. Its a lot taller and bulkier but 90%white hairs. same strain same sprout time same nutes

Second pic looks lots better. If you want more CBD…let the trichomes go dark.

Pistils color doesn’t matter much. It’s the Trichomes…on the buds. Harvest each plant when it’s at your desired levels.

1 Like

Hey tan lover. Not sure if it was a typo, but its CBN that increases with amber trics. Cbn contributes to drowsiness and the effect know as couch lock.

Cbd dominant strains actually have more CBD when harvested early.

1 Like

You have the correct. Later harvest increases CBN

1 Like

Only you are gonna know when you want to cut them down. If you go by trichomes, just remember more amber more couch lock. And check trichomes on bud not sugar leaves

1 Like

Thanks for your input, it was all well recieved. Since there were two conflicting ideas on when to harvest I decided to do some research and found what looks like a very impressive article, (more like a research paper) and it basically said the cbd acids help produce the thc and the longer you grow the thc will degrade and form into cbn. Not sure if policy allows me to post the link because its from another grow site and of course they sell seeds and other oils. Anyway I will keep a close eye on the flowers and determine when to start my flush, I think its a little sooner than later.
I know you guys dont know me and I dont know you, I dont grow to get high, I just dont like the way it effects me. It has a lot of medical uses and thats why I grow, CBD works better for the type of pain my wife is in much better than any prescriptions they can write

1 Like

@sillyman You probably are aware of the many varieties available from credible seed sellers.
A little checking around will give you a good selection of pain treating strains.
Hope this helps your wife.

1 Like

@tanlover442, very true, I chose the critical mass because it has an even amount of CBD-THC ratio and according to most websites its an easy strain to grow. that seems to be true. I will see how this effects her and if it helps a lot I’ll stick with it for now but I want to get my growing technique refined a bit more and that would be easier for me with an easy to grow strain. I intend to grow Harlequin by next year, I know how that helps

Should do what you need.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m looking for higher CBD results too. How much amber trics do you wait for before you harvest? I have blueberry autos and high CBD strains such as industrial, Swiss dream and dinamed. Any advice you’ve got is appreciated. I’m not after ‘high’ feeling either, more for pain relaxation etc @sillyman
TIA

1 Like

I bought an inexpensive microscope, that plugs into my computer via the USB port, which captures some real nice colorful Trichome Pics! Got it off Amazon for around 20 bucks. Well worth it!

1 Like

@PattyJean, From my understanding when your plant is in the flowering stage the cbd turns into thc and from there it turns into cbn, the cbn is the amber trics. So I try to harvest before there is any amber. I try to harvest when its about half milky half clear. the cbd will theoretically counteract the thc

CBD and THC are totally different things. Either a plant has a bunch of one or the other or both. But typically plants that have high cbd have lower thc. That’s why there are strains like Charlotte’s web that are heavy in CBD through many levels of selective breeding. You are correct on the CBN part though. Clear trichomes are immature. Milky is mature and amber is over ripe.

you are correct the CBD and THC are different. I am growing critical mass which the ratio of THC-CBD is about the same. Genetics or the strain is the most important part. with all that said and with what I am growing my first post from what I understand is accurate.Maturation - Kind Green Buds
here is a good artice explaining a lot of things

1 Like