Getting higher thc than genetics

A question from a fellow grower:

If a plant strain is rated at 20-25% THC, is it possible to through ideal conditions, to get an even higher THC percentage than the genetics are rated?

I believe that this is entirely possible. On the other hand; You could end up with a lower THC%. Happy growing :slight_smile:

Yes - but there are some very important “additives” other than nutrients to help promote terpen, terpoid development not leaving out essential oil production - you are taking it to the next level in reguards to higher THC - Once you have the bacis down , then start to educate on said questioon

Hello there and Welcome to I L G M
This is what I know as a grower and have learned over the years . I hope this helps

The Growing Environment
For best results, you marijuana plants should be grown in its ideal environment. If it is basically endemic in a warm tropical climate, then you can expect it to diminish its potency if grown in colder climates of the European continent. Plant stress has much to do with the increase or decrease of both THC and CBD content.

Genetics
Grow a strain that has high THC or CBD content and half of the concern is already solved. If the weed plant has weak THC or CBD content genetically, no amount of care and nutrients can make it reach levels that are beyond its reach to begin with. When choosing a particular pot strain to grow, it is best to smoke it first then decide if it is for you or not.

Harvest Techniques
Proper harvesting play an important role in the potency of cannabis buds and leaves. Harvesting should be done during early morning when the sun has not yet risen. Harvesting in the dark is better than in the day that’s why almost all growers harvest in the dark rather than during daytime.

Drying and Curing
Proper drying and curing also plays an important role in maintaining the potency of weed plants. Drying should be made in total darkness while curing should be totally enclosed in a jar or container and just opened every 24 hours to allow it to breathe and unwanted substances to evaporate.

Is it possible to have a balanced THC and CBD content in one marijuana plant?
Yes. It happens when indica and sativa are crossed. There are hybrid weed strains that have almost balanced THC and CBD.

The pre-determined potency is based on a range and not specific. It is the same as giving the minimum and maximum level. Also, the processing of marijuana buds and leaves after harvest is not chemical based like cigarettes so the potency will be based on how it was handled.

B Safe
Will

Could companion planting help raise the terpene levels? I’m starting to research that now(experimenting).

My original intent was for additional, natural pest deterrent, but I’ve also heard companions could actually help with internal chemical processes. Any input?