Getting dicouraged ...please help

What’s the pH of your run-off? Have you tested that?

You don’t want to kill your microbes!

3 Likes

I’ll restate that in the amounts used and the means of delivery that the peroxide did nothing except add a bit of O to the liquid. You can’t mix peroxide in any other liquid with solids suspended in it as it will react immediately and oxidize the solids. This might actually cause some nutrient issues as it more than likely is changing the chemical composition of your nutrients.

7 Likes

I was responding to his statement, as it seemed like he thought killing them was a good thing. It’s not!

Ooooh, that’s a good point about it possibly changing the chemical make-up of the nutes. So much of this is chemistry. I never realized it until this forum.

I would still like run-off or slurry test info, to really see what’s going on. :grinning:

7 Likes

Yeah; that was directed at the OP. You are one of the people I listen to…

I agree; runoff test would be good to have as a baseline.

5 Likes

Best thing to do at this point is to flush it out with double the amount of water you would use to feed so if u feed it 3gal of water at feed flush her with 6 gal and so on. Now u want to flush her with 6.5 ph plain water no units ck run off after last gal is put in put something under it to catch the run off to test if the ph is at 6.5 and ppm for tap water will be about 180-200 then you are completely flushed then feed at 6.5 ph and about 1/4-1/2 str units ck run off again it should be coming out about the same as what is going in. That will fix current problem now onto future possible problems if you don’t fix the bad habits now. Ph is very important always ph feed water after you add nuits ph to 6.5 and ck run off every time you feed either nuits or plain water that is one of the best habits you can do and know the ppm going in and if coming out isn’t either 50 points higher or lower then you are fine if it’s way off then you know it’s time to a flush and or b lighten or make stronger nuit solution. And good feed schedule is food food plain water and repeat

2 Likes

Hmmmm. This goes against everything I’ve heard.

5 Likes

If people want more oxygen in their root zones, I would recommend adding extra perlite, an air stone, or using those scary looking spikey air pots, but never H2O2, as it is a mild chemical that has the potential to interact with the medium/microbes/nutes. Better safe than sorry, right?

5 Likes

The h2o2 peroxide kills all microbiology you and your plants have worked so hard to get in there root system and now you will have to start over getting those micros back in root system so I would only use peroxide if you have confirmed root rot like in hydro where you can see roots or you can get a good look in the soil or the run off has any slimy feel also the peroxide is good in solid if you have bugs in the soil it will kill all bugs and eggs in soil Also would like to add if you are In organic soil don’t ever use h2o2 you will kill the live micros in it

2 Likes

That was my point. Everything I’ve learned about h2o2 indicates adding it to your soil is a big no-no. Especially if you’re using Organics or living soil.

But… it’s in the grow bible.

3 Likes

Lots of good replies on this thread. First and fore most, get the ph up via a flush like the others have stated. I have used H2O2 before, but only when I had a pest issue. I personally wouldn’t run it with every watering because of the microbe issue that has been discussed. Look into cheap nutrients proven to work well for cannabis since you’re operating on a tight budget. General Hydroponics is a cheap and popular nutrient line and they also have a cheap dry fertilizer line as well. :v::bear:

5 Likes

Holy cow it’s @MattyBear I haven’t seen you on much you must ave went to the lab side I still haven’t gotten to that yet. Anyways how you been

1 Like

No, I just had a really busy work year and had a few personal issues I needed to address and I had to take a break from growing for a few months. I recently started back up and hope to be around more :v::bear:

6 Likes

Awsome good to see you tag me into your grow I love to follow

2 Likes

Peroxide is commonly used to start seedlings, after that it’s not beneficial. Its primary use in seedling starts is to oxygenate and sterilize water to assist in germination and prevent harmful organisms from killing seedlings. As you guys said, beyond that its potentially harmful to soil and aquatic microbial life. Not recommended for watering plants.

3 Likes

Just on the peroxide, real quick…I first read about the peroxide a few years back when I had a bug/egg issue…I don’t remember the ratio but, it was a bit stronger and …it worked and, it was at this time I purchased a clone (G-SUS…it’s awesome lol) from a person whom worked in a medicinal lab in Washington state. I told him what I did with the peroxide and he told me that I should use a small amount in my regular watering…especially where I’m using MG, which probably needs “zero” microbes for its basic function but, I could understand where micro-nutrients the plant would like could be destroyed? So, I’ve been adding a small amount of peroxide to my water for a few years now…I’ve had very happy veggies over that time so, I can’t see peroxide being even the slightest of “this” issue…this is pretty new, it happened soon after better lights, bigger pots and a new bag of happy-frog. Since using peroxide, I’ve had zero aphids…I’m flirting with fungus gnats here and there though…I do neem oil occasionally for “that”. I do mix with perlite with new soil because it doesn’t seem to drain well “stock”. One of my orange-crush plants looks terrible this morning (pic enclosed)

… It seems that flushing them out should be a priority…even that’s a hard one for me to pull off where I’ll have to move the plants…I’ll get someone to help me out. I’m guessing my prior recipe may have not had the tools needed…i.e. low-light and hotter-soil but, nutes weren’t burning for some reason…I’m using the same recipe but, the better lights are changing their stomachs lol. As far as wattage, I replaced 140 watts of florescent with about 240 watts of LED (with about 60watts of fluorescent on the ends for babies/clips etc. in a 48"x48" tent. Flower tent is 48"x48" with three LED lights…plants are usually stable when going in here, I’m having “less” issues since changing from MG to Terra-flores (I’m using a crazy recipe I came up with using math and the labs method of MG usage with a constant feed…it’s a scary experiment but…it seems to be working quite well…so far) . I “want” it to work lol. Maybe I’ll bite-the-bullet and drop the $5.99 per two years MG food but…I need to confirm first and…I need to find something SUPER FRIGGIN EASY…I can’t be making all this tea stuff, that’s what I love about this MG run…I haven’t had too many problems…until I started wanting “better and bigger”. THANK YOU EVERYONE…I’M READING EVERYTHING! lol

4 Likes

UPDATE: I started flushing the best I can…I didn’t think they’d fit under the kitchen sink but…they “barely” do! So…I ran a lot of PHd water through…6.5 went in and then, I let it drain…I did a “last dump” and measured that and, basically, battery acid came out “5” …ouch? …the same run-off test of PPM came out as 614 on two bigger plants with the smaller one coming in at 308…my tap-waters PPM is only about 70-90 …highest I’ve ever seen it is 110 and it PHs at just about 7. The last 3gal (bigger to me) plant I flushed, I put in a PH of 7 and about 5.5 came out …PPM on this one was 450…I didn’t use peroxide for the flushing lol I’m thinking that when went all that time without checking my PH…I was giving them 5.5!! So, I’ll put PH “7” in and will pan itself out after a couple waterings? …or, major flush again after they settle?- Another point I forgot about was that, he told me that the peroxide kills off chlorine in the tap-water…quickly. All this help is really helping…at the very least, I feel like another new chapter can get going with these better lights. I always had two tents, they were just smaller and used T8 home depot bulbs blue for veg and red for flowers…I got awesome bud…just no quantity but, the quality was great. Now I want more!! I think I’ve come to the right place…I feel better already. Thanks all!

4 Likes

the easiest stuff ever is general hydroponics flora line . i used it for my first grow and literally had 0 issues. its super easy to use. its about 50 bucks Canadian for 3 bottles. floramicro, floragrow and florabloom. you just mix with water and feed. it even has a tiny chart on it for feeding. i got it off amazon. the only thing i added at the end of flower was some cal mag. it lasts forever to . i used maybe 1/6 of each bottle for an entire grow if not less. i think i could get 8 or more full grows out of it.

3 Likes

I trust GH…I think I might just give this a go, thank you…thing is, I just bought a bottle of CANNA terra-flores for the flowering and am happy with the results so far. If I go with the GH kit (which I just found for $25US) I’ll stick with “their” plan. First I’ll clean the battery acid out of my soil lol :wink: Thank you!

4 Likes

Just keep flushing. U want to keep going til ur in ‘range’ and uve flushd that MG out of toxic levels

3 Likes

This is where nutrients buffered for cannabis make things much easier. You might think about top dressing your media with dolomite lime to buffer it in a higher range than 5.0.

Your peroxide addition (as I stated above) in the amounts you are using simply added a bit of O to the water. By the time you poured it in to the media it was nothing more than H2O and O.

4 Likes