Getfocsd & Get Growin with the Growmies

Beautiful!

Purdy!!!

sweet bud

Very nice !!!

So ill be attempting to make buble hash with some of this harvest. I just purchased the bags and a small portable washer. I would like any suggestions from everyone that’s willing to help. I know @SilvaBack203 was going to make an attempt as well, maybe we can learn together. @Covertgrower is an extracts kind of toker so if you could chime in it would be much appreciated. And anyone with some knowledge on the process. Im currently watching the video with frechy, but any other suggestions would be considered. I plan on doing my first batch with the trim, then proceed to some larfy buds harvested. TIA and stay high my growmies.

10 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever use ice water. When I do it with bags it’ll be dry ice. It looks so much easier and cleaner

2 Likes

Yes sir i still havent tried it yet but its in my agenda lol… @Deez now a days perfected the process

2 Likes

@SilvaBack203 @Deez could you tag me in journal with the hash making. Its going down the next rain date i have available

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag :slightly_smiling_face:

The video I’ve found the most helpful is on YouTube by a dude named Elmo. Here’s a link to my favorite one.

I do it really similar to his way (on a smaller scale tho - I use 5 gallon bags)

I don’t do really anything special. I use tap water and ice from my ice maker. If I’m thinking ahead I’ll pre-chill my wash water with a couple of yeti ice blocks I keep around for camping. I use a battery operated drill because I’m scared I’ll become the grounding device if something goes wrong using a corded one. I bought a paint stirring attachment for the drill and use that to mix my slurry.

I think the biggest things that take a few runs to get a feel for is to not over mix, and dry it in a cool environment with no light. I use my fridge.

From there the sky’s the limit as to what you wanna make if anything. I either press it into rosin or smoke it on top of a bong hit. Or both. Both is fine too.

7 Likes

I prefer dry ice also. Makes it easier to collect end product. I used 100 micron and it seemed to work the best for me.

3 Likes

If you decide to do something other than smoke it or make edibles you’ll want to try both ways and decide for yourself. I can say that for pressing rosin I’ll never go back to dry ice.

The quality is definitely higher with ice water. The stuff that comes out of the 73u bag is some full
Melt clear dome that you just can’t get with dry ice.

Dry ice is definitely awesome if you want instant results.

7 Likes

Good to know Deez. I’ve never thought much about pressing rosin. But certainly wouldn’t write it off as an option. Keeps me open to trying both for comparison sake.

Thank you kindly

5 Likes

Man you gonna love the journey

3 Likes

I have been following along and my small research I found this video guys seem to know what’s up with the bubble hash. I made 4 runs 2 weeks ago with my 5gallon washing machine, I learned a lot and I’m excited to give it another whirl in the near future. BuildASoil: HOME MADE ROSIN: Intro to Solvent Free Rosin and Bubble Hash // PEDRO'S GROW ROOM - YouTube

5 Likes

I actually just finished watching this episode. Looks very similar to frenchys technique. I think this is the method imma follow for the first go. Thanks everyone for the help, ill be putting this in my journal for knowledge sake. Hoping for the best.

3 Likes

Question, do i need to burb grove bags?

1 Like

No. Not as long as they are in the proper humidity range. If they get above 65% RH, then you should open them for a bit to lower that - assuming your ambient RH is lower than whatever is in the bag,

5 Likes

@Newt thanks for the info. Another thing im noticing is that my roots arent as healthy as ive seen in others grows. Is there something that i could do to get a bigger stronger root system? I use mycos, but very little at time of transplant and when seed starting. Should I be filling the entire bottom of the pot with mycos?

5 Likes

I just add a tablespoon (or so) of Mycos when I transplant. But I do use Tribus Original, Kangaroots, FishSh!T and Real Growers Recharge, all of which are microbe rich to help with root development. Here’s the root ball from my last grow:

8 Likes

Personally, I top feed all my “to do with Microbes” right at the plant stem base. Logic is: think about the cascade effect, once it contacts the roots(which is the goal), it can channel its way down them and they definitely do beef up. Potassium the forgotten bastard stepchild in the NPK is hugely important in root development. So something like a Kelp ascophyllum nodosum or I forget the other common one… lethologica brain before coffee ecklonia maxima

6 Likes