Getch357 First Grow Journal

Theres nothing wrong with home depot. Thats where i get my soil and stuff. And i like natures care also. Just gotta add perlite. I get pure organic no time release nutes

all this is from home depot. You just have to read and make sure of what ur buying

1 Like

@appleyardjr267 is right about being able to grow with supplies from HD . The key to that is knowing what you are looking for. There is no absolute correct way of growing cannibis. Some are better than others. You will see where people have tried to use MG soil and have multiple issues. But I’ve also seen some using it successfully. The main thing here is to get your girl healthy. Once you do that you can decide what direction you want to go as far as soil and nutrients. So first, lower your light. Second add some soil around stem. Third thing is to make sure you are not over watering. Seedlings generally don’t need lots of water. Once your soil starts to dry out, you can start to water in circle around plant. The ideal is to make the roots grow in search of water. Don’t hesitate to ask questions if you are not sure about something.

3 Likes

Typically, stretching/node spacing is controlled by light. If they’re stretching too much, there’s not enough light. You’ll need to either put your light closer to your plants or increase your light’s power. Or both.

3 Likes

As others have already suggested, try to do some reading on forum. There’s a lot of valuable info to learn from. I’m going to link a grow journal of a member that is somewhat of a tutorial for beginners. Even though you may not be able to use information immediately on this grow you can get some insight for future grows.

4 Likes

Agreed! Thanks. My very first grow i basically started makin my own super soil because before attempting a grow i already had spent hours and hours researching how to grow then this forum right here got me through it. Used fox farms had salt build up and low ph and cause of this forum I corrected it. Research and trial and error is very important. Also overwatering was my biggest problem aswell my first time but learned quick

2 Likes

LOL :laughing: I don’t call it mistakes I like to call it learning opportunities. :slightly_smiling_face::v::+1:

3 Likes

Do you have a journal. If you do tag me in. I would interested in seeing what you have going on.

Yep agreed. Its trial and error. Research will teach u alot but attempting first hand is where the experience comes in. I even had a hard time understanding the lighting situation and the certain watts per sq ft. It was so confusing at first but now its simple but ppl u try to teach are kust as confused as when I first started. Its alot to take in but if u have a interest ur gonna learn as much as possible

1 Like

Yea i do. I just learned cloning. Im in veg rn. Ill tag u in it

1 Like

Im no expert but i know enough and getting better and better. Im not in a legal state so i dont have the set up ide like to have but have everything for a badass grow

1 Like

Same situation I have.

1 Like

I just really enjoy growing and the science behind it and how similar plants and humans are

2 Likes

here she is 30 hrs later. took about 1" of this![new top soil|375x500](upload://omjvQzQ6dA2NZzWSOBG8cufaoDA.jpeg then put it around her and lightly packed it and here she is now…what a difference…thanks all :slight_smile:

i think she maybe ok now

1 Like

@Bulldognuts hello I am reaching out to you cause of my previous post where you looked at the soil I am using. I am reading as much as I can but still trying to figure it all out. so my girl is looking great since adding the top soil to her as suggested. she has gotten a few more leaves and grown taller now im wondering do I need to use nutrient? since you seem to know what you are looking at are my 2 soils good enough for veg state? here are the 2 again bottom or most soil is this

then top 1.5" are this so do i use nutes? i have this and plan on tiger bloom at bud stage also it only has a 300wled that came with tent some have said i need a bigger light (which im sure is true) but what are your thoughts? I would appreciate any input

her is a pict from yesterday she is a ww in a tent she has the original 300w led that came with the tent.

now im reading on checking ph but she is basically still a seedling (total ground time now roughly 3weeks wher 1.5 weeks was in window sill in the same bucket and she got about 5" of stem stretch which is corrected now so im calling it about 2 weeks ground time since tent and fixing it all :slight_smile: but I cant get runoff cause it may kill her she is drinking about every other day temps are around 78 with anywhere from 68 to 75 humidity have inline fan running pumping air out and flaps on bottom and top open to supply air intake. so all and all she seems good just really wondering should I bother with nutes? and the only way ive checked ph (since there aren’t any instructions with it was to 1st check water and meter moved then checked distilled water then cleaned probe put into soil where was just watered and it does move a lil but always stays at 7 so should I go with the nutes? or leave it? any help would really be great Thanks

It’s hard to be sure about nutrients at this point. I believe I would off a little bit longer. She had a rough start so I believe give her a little more time get roots established. If you see leaves starting to turn yellow then it may be time to start consider some nutrients.

@Bulldognuts so here is a pic from tonight

and im thinking of using this fertilizer what do ya think any good? and maybe 2 weeks start using? or should I let her be unless she starts to look droopy? Thanks for your help I appreciate it all :slight_smile:

Honestly I’m not sure about whether you should start nutrients. As of now she looks fairly healthy. The main thing that makes it difficult is the soil you are using. I tried to get a idea if it’s amended and buffered for cannabis. Couldn’t really find out enough info on either one to be sure. As far as the nutrient line you are considering it’s not to strong for cannbis. If you look at FoxFarms big grow it is 6-4-4 on NPK so what you have in picture has lower values. My gut is telling me to hold off on nutes. Just take a wait and see approach. I’m going to tag a more experienced grower who grows in soil also. He may be able to give you some ideas about whether you should start any nutrients. @Covertgrower
Can you help out on whether @Getch357 should start nutrients. If you scroll up a couple of post you can see the soil that they are using and nutrients they are considering.

1 Like

I would hold of on nutrients for right now, but depending on your lighting, you may be able to feed lightly soon.
That nutrient line works well, I’ve see others use it.

@Bulldognuts the numbers are only a guideline. 5 stands for 5 part per million when mixed at their instructions. So if you mix it stronger you could increase the strength. Every manufacturer is different. That’s why NPK ratios are confusing. The organic lines even have 0.5 numbers. Is that what is available to the plant? Or is that what is available after the beneficial bacteria break it down to what is usable? Organic lines are confusing, but again, guidelines.
Sorry for going down a rabbit hole.

2 Likes

Glad you did, thanks for helping out :+1:

1 Like