Getch357 First Grow Journal

IMO i would remove the damaged leaves they won’t recover. To give the smaller buds some light. On the second part not sure.

2 Likes

@Deepsix Thanks for the advice i am thinking of doing this because there are just too many leafs that are gone so i really want to ensure that this girls bud get bigger. ?im thinking my next set of seeds will be banana kush because it has high yields supposedly like 17ozs any input from anyone?? is it easy to grow

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @Deepsix o.k so now a very important few questions 1) I know I need better lights so I am looking (as soon as I can afford it at this)
Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt XL V2 RSpec Quantum Board DIY Kit (Full-Cycle / Flower)
I have a 3x3 tent and usually 2 at a time will this give me the good results im looking for? and 2) I have tried ffof soil and i got burn don’t know why I would like to know about soils recommendations Im tired even though this is only 2nd grow of getting to week 6 and here come yellow leafs with brown spots…I am going to try on #3 to start as you all recommended at week 3 adding cal/mag unless you think sooner or later? and see if this stops the burn. if not I would like from soil growers input on what you all think is the best soil. I have seen people talking about different mediums hydro, coco choir what the hell is all this? does it involve a whole bunch more different nutes? im just trying to get 1 system down with good results and then after i have a way better understanding of lights, soil nutes then maybe then i will try something new. so if u all could chime in on soil and that light for now hopefully i can get a good grow to happen and actually get some weight out of it :wink:

1 Like

That light will rock a 3 x 3. You don’t want my suggestion on soil I use cheap stuff from Walmart. Coco and hydro don’t require special nutes. They just require nutes much sooner as there are none present in the media. Supposed to allow for better root growth, more user control, and bigger plants.

2 Likes

That light will cover a 3x3.

1 Like

That light will be great. I have a older 260 w V1 in my 3x3x6 tent. As far as soil i use FF i put 2/3 FFOF on the bottom and 1/3 FFHF on the top i use FFHF for my solo cup. I start using Cal-Mag around week 4 here is a pic of 2 of my plants.

The first one is a Bubble Gum auto (don’t mind the burnt tips). the second one is a OG Kush auto. FF soil and HLG 260 W- V1 3000k

2 Likes

now see thats what im talking about big buds…how old are they? and do you use worm castings and fish stuff etc? im trying to get it right and like i said before everytime they get to 6.5 weeks here comes the brown spotted yellow leafs. i did find out i needed cal/mag and ph up but im getting there. now i went down today took off every leaf that was more than half affected it opened her up a lot im hoping that this will increase bud growth. one thing im going to start trimming earlier. and ading cal/mag at week 3.5 to 4 and phing all my water. now a question so on saturday i filled a gallon of my tap (which is well water) the gallon when ph’d was about 6.7 so i let it sit overnight and she was 5.97 i watered her on sunday night and when i went down today there was runoff. i know it should be done right away to keep contaminants out but i took it anyways and heres what it came out at i know its sat around for a day but what do you all think now these readings where just with tap water no nutes or ph there maybe cal/mag i cant remember if i added i will check later and let you know…but opinions good bad? ugly?lolol i would appreciate them all

ok so as im sure (with us all we are a little ocd about this growing thing)lolol so i ran down and the water used was only ph’d nothing more just ph so what do you all think?

1 Like

The Bubble Gum is 101/2 weeks from seed sprouting the other one is 8 1/2 weeks from sprout. the only thing i add is FF trio and Cal-Mag. I try and Ph my water at 6.5 after adding nutes. The only other thing i did do was Fim her when she was younger

1 Like

@Deepsix @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts ok so was thinking i know ive shown you all this light before and i believe its coming down to my lighting may just not be enough to get those buds to pop…so would it make a difference if for the last few weeks of her life i put this light in if i can some how rig it up. she is super heavy and im not sure how much heat it will put off but please tell me what you all think i believe its a 250w metal halide here is a picture i currently am running this Bloom Plus LED Grow Light BP1000 Sunlike Full Spectrum Led Growing Light for Indoor Plants 2x2 ft Led Grow Lamp High Output Plant Growing Lights for Hydroponic Indoor Seeding Veg and Flower Greenhouse please let me know i am saving for the better light but if i can use what i got and substitute the halide at the end to get a better yield for now then thats what i will do but need some experts here to chime in…also would it be safe to place the metal halide in my 3x3 3x63 tent?

Adding more light will definitely help, and that covers a 3x3 perfectly.

1 Like

@Covertgrower by that i believe you are referring to the 250 w metal halide correct? and what about heat in the tent would it be an issue? so should i take out my 1000w bloom light and put the metal halide in?

1 thing i just noticed my tent is actually 36x20x63 :astonished: got to start paying closer attention to things…and i dont even smoke!! :wink:

Sorry i know nothing about those lights. Maybe @Zee Knows i think he uses this type of light.

1 Like

@Deepsix @Covertgrower @Zee @Bulldognuts ok so im tagging them in hopefully they can shed some light on this…no pun intended :crazy_face:

Also depends if you’re in flower or not. HPS probably would be better.

1 Like

yes im in week 9 she has been in flower around 5 weeks i guess

1 Like

Hps would be better for that, or CMH.

2 Likes

Covert has you covered. I would add 5ml of calmag to a gallon of water next time you feed or water. Light intensity makes them go through it faster. You may go through a longer flower stage…

Good luck! Tag me if you need anything

2 Likes

@zee @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @Deepsix o.k so been looking at this light I showed and what Im finding is it puts off a lot of heat so I don’t think putting it in my tent would be good however thoughts from you all as to if I could bring my girl outside the tent since she is in the beginning of week 9 tomorrow and use the 250w hps light with her outside of the tent. the temp in the room stays at 60 when at lowest point at this time of year and no-one can access room no windows etc so only draw back is she is not in a heat controlled tent. the humidity at the current time now is 2
:15 a.m temp and humidity are as follows: 62 degrees and humidity is at 56% so do we think these conditions would be right to leave her outside on bench for the next few weeks using 12 hr schedule to finish her off with the 250w hps light? or should i leave her in tent with the 2 lights in there that are mentioned above: the bloom 1000w full spectrum light plus original 300 w led light that came with tent. please let me know either way good and bad…thanks to you all for doing what you do!!

1 Like