Getch357 First Grow Journal

I would never recommend mars as first choice. Plenty of people use them, and some are happy with performance. You will have to weigh your budget vs goals and see what makes the most sense to you.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 yes budget is a issue but i would like to find something in this price range any suggestions this site…dont know if you have ever used it but they have payment options and also a 5% discount code so what names would u recommend for this price range if any?

@dbrn32 they do have this which was recomended to me before quantum-board-diy-kit how about this 1?

@dbrn32 damn it every one i like is out of stock :unamused: i will keep a look out for them though

1 Like

Look around at other sellers for the hlg kit. I’ve seen a few off and on at other places. Check ebay to. Oddly enough I’ve seen them at Lowes. Because budget is a huge factor for me I’ve decided to just keep saving up for HLG’s.

1 Like

You pretty much have to keep links to Amazon, dealzer, or aliexpress here.

I’m not sure who has what in stock, but a good light would be worth waiting and/or saving for.

4 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @Deepsix so a question again so as you all that have been following know i discovered i not only had a cal/mag problem but also a low ph problem. I started my girl on all the right stuff this was her second feeding of all she should need. now what i want to know is she is going to be 8 weeks tomorrow. she (as we know she would get a flush at 8 weeks) but im wondering should i flush her now? and after how long feeding her what i hope is all the correct stuff will the deficiency stop? i mean i know all the leafs that were affected are gone and will never come back but i was going to trim so i can kinda monitor her health better but then reading it says to leave them on so it doesnt affect anymore…so how can i tell if she is getting better? should i trim off all affected leafs after just the 2 feedings? or should i leave them on? so if u all say flush her i will do it friday night then feed again like monday but i really cant tell because it affected quite a few leafs so should i trim her after flush?? well please weigh in here. .and thanks

You won’t know until you see new growth.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower do you think i should flush her this week?

1 Like

If you flush, don’t forget to feed after wards. How big is your plant?

2 Likes

I just flushed my 9 week old plant on Sunday. Like @Covertgrower said feed it after the flush

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Deepsix @Bulldognuts ok so 8 weeks tomorrow. I have included some pictures so you all can see the deficiency she is 23" tall (she is growing bigger and buds are starting to fatten a lil but just a lot of leaves this one could have good potential as far as yield and she is way bigger than 1st one was so im hoping its going to get better

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @Deepsix @kdawg o.k so as everyone says and we all know this is a learning process…so i was curious as to why my #1 had so many problems and only got to 20" and didn’t have a lot of success. so i took the 5 gal bucket she was in with the dirt and stem left tipped it over let it sit for a day and emptied it. the dirt stayed all in the shape of the bucket but the bottom was full of little small tiny roots this is the bottom and its full of roots as you see ok so as you all can see the lessons learned for me here 1st of all bigger drainage holes in bucket, then ensure not to put any type of obstruction (i used those lil gray clay balls for drainage) which made it almost impossible for roots to go straight down, make sure soil is loose and aerated even though i made some mistakes she still found a way and sent her roots down the sides of the bucket and they all ended up at the bottom. the middle had hardly no damn roots at all. amazing this lil girl still had the will to live and made it thru :wink: :+1:.

2 Likes

IMO next time add some perlite to the soil those clay pellets are good for hydro grows. And fabric pots they drain great.

3 Likes

You know, it’s been awhile since I have checked my root balls. I wasn’t able to take my root balls outside to check them. I’ll check mine and take a picture and tag you. A little different though, I have 1 containers, and one coco. I’ll be keeping that root ball in tact to plant the next.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower you know bud, you struck on something i was thinking and actually asked about here already, can you grow a new plant without the seeds by using the roots? and do u do it by just like the way you start any other plant put some roots in waiter let it grow awhile and then just plant into soil or whatever you want? and if this works will it be an exact replica of the one it grew from ? by that i mean like this root i just got rid of was a ww auto flower fem so would the root automatically be that? im sure it is but please let me know. it would be a good way to save $$on seeds :wink:

That’s why you make clones. You can reveg a harvested plant by leaving a few healthy flowers on the lower branches and switching the lights back to 18/6.

1 Like

@kdawg @Covertgrower @Deepsix @Bulldognuts hmmmmm something i may have to look into at a later date. right now trying to get a descent handle on growing without any deformities :wink: I can never seem to get past week 6.5 without yellowing leafs and brown spots but with what ive just learned and talking with some on here i think im going to start cal/mag at 3 weeks now as a preventive maintenance attack so if that works then i will start trying other things i want to see what is a good high yield seed/ strain that can be grown indoors im hoping this post will bring some answers

1 Like

@kdawg @Deepsix @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts so another thing is I know this is my grow journal and im Thankful to the 1 that started it for me which i believe was bulldognuts if I am wrong sorry. but i am wondering and i think i know but how do you ask a general question to all? like do you have to start a new subject or lets say i just wanted growers input on soil types is there a way to do a broadcast question that is in a general catagory or do you always have to start a new subject? and how do (if you can) you make it so its available for all to see? thanks again guys as you all know my grow journal is getting pretty long and I so appreciate all who chime in and answer my many questions hats off to you all!! :+1: :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Start a new topic and you’ll pick a category then post. All can see it as a new post. You can still tag in as well.

1 Like