Getch357 2nd grow journal

If your in a tent you can tie string from the top bars to the upper stems. You can also support them with them with tall garden stakes, dowels etc. and tie the stems loosely to the stakes.

3 Likes

Everything kdawg said, plus plant yo-yos

2 Likes

I use the equipment yo-yo’s but I’m not sure which are cheaper.

3 Likes

Ditto. Yoyos, string, bamboo, etc.

3 Likes

Ditto again, I use you-yo’s and bamboo stakes indoor and outdoors, I use string tied to the top of my enclosed garden or heavy garden stakes with the soft wire

1 Like

ok so i have to ask what are you yo’s???

2 Likes

so dbrn i am asking legitamate what are yo yo’s? are we talking a real yoyo or something thats for growing??

2 Likes

5 Likes

@Caligurl has you covered :point_up:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @kdawg @NeoGroR @dbrn32 @Caligurl and anyone else.so im looking for input here hopefully by tonight. im getting ready to trim and dry but im curious has anyone ever just cut the flower off and dried it without the branch? I guess im getting lazy and looking for shortcuts as i have a lot of work to do to button upfor winter, but has anyone evr done it this way? does it affect the end product? or does everyone just trim the whole branch and dry it that way? any info you all could provide on this woould be great…just not looking forward to a long time trimming :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

1 Like

Ya, you can dry buds individually. You just have to be careful that moisture doesn’t all built in area its resting on. They make stuff specifically designed for this, looks like hanging basket with layers of screen.

5 Likes

Yes I tried a wedrywer once and cut it all down to buds and layed them on the dryer screens. I didn’t care for it so I sent it back for a refund.

2 Likes

I hang my whole plant to dry and it still over dries to fast even though I’m using a small humidifier in a small room.

1 Like

Yes, you can do it this way too. I have since preferred to leave them on the branch to slow the drying process. Acceptable both ways.

1 Like

to all thanks…im going to try something a lil differant. what im thinking is right now due to sheer amount of work needed im letting some dry in my hanging drying rack im hoping at around 5 days to just take them out ans snip buds off of branches and return to rack for a few days.im hoping by doing this they get the time they need to do what they have to and then the leafs will be dry and i can just snip buds off and give em some more time. boy I tell ya i can see why some people use those auto trimmers…i mean 1 or 2 plants are ok to do by hand but if youve got a descent amount you can spend days trimming :flushed: :flushed:drying rack heres a likeness of the ones i have

2 Likes

Love that rack same 1 I got

1 Like

ya i got 2 and they are great. I have 4 fans set up on all 4 sides blowing air (on low) works like a charm usually 5 to 7 days perfectly dry…just have to hope that my experiment this time works out dry trimming sucks!! have you ever just cut buds from branches and dried that way using it? im curious if it will afect the quality of the bud???

Making me look stupid I only got 1 fan

1 Like

i use the list .can usually find floor fans there for free or real cheap especially at this time of year :wink:

does it affect the quality and strength of the flower?? by just cutting it off of the branch??

1 Like