Getch357 2nd grow journal

@Covertgrower @NeoGroR @dbrn32 @Caligurl @Bulldognuts @kdawg and anyone following…its been a few weeks since updating these girls are looking great i need to lolipop them soon to get rid of old leafs and get ready for the harvest in about a month and a half. here are a few pics from the girls at exacly 11 weeks old

5 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Great work!

1 Like

yep…now i got to do is lolipop them and grow the buds each plant is almost 36" and one in the back is as wide as a bush outside the house…hoping for a great harvest then a break for a few months :woozy_face: benn sick lately and need some time off it was hard some days just watering them :mask:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. It would make me sad not to be able to go tend to my plants. A break is probably good… plus looks like you’ll have enough weed for a while :wink:

1 Like

@dbrn32 Hello so i believe ive asked you questions about lights and im hoping you may be able to give me some info. so originally my 1st HLG 300L r spec only made my electric bill go up maybe $10 a month but since ive put the 2nd one in play my bill has gone up like $70 more a month do you or anyone else here have any idea what this light would use on full throttle a month? like how many kilowatts. I know this is kind of a weird question but I can not see this light making my bill go that high. I am suspecting its something else but just want to ensure that this light could in no way use that much electricity. any help would be great :thinking:

You are probably correct. Those lights pull about 250 watts per fixture. I think my current rate is about $0.12/kwh. So for me to run both lights 12 hours per day would be 6,000 watt hours or 6kwh. Which would cost about $.72/day. Over 30 days of 12/12 about $22. Obviously there could be differences in costs, but $70 per month sounds excessive.

What else have you changed or added? Exhausting out of your home can be excessive. Dehumidifiers are expensive to run as well.

so I havent done anything else besides the new light. I am really hoping that its not my well pump constantly running and needing to be replaced i dont have 2 grand to do that :woozy_face: but im going to have to investigate i figured there was no way my light would cost that much! Thanks for your help i appreciate it

How about time of day usage? My rates are cheaper during the times when there’s the least demand.

1 Like

ya its like that everywhere.according to my bill ive used 1126 kwh this month however im in an area where i get screwed there is only 1 electric company and they charge so many fees its outrageous!!my electric charge is $73 bucks the rest are b.s charges to pump up your bill. I live alone and my elctric bill for this month…drum roll…$193.74!!! crazy sh%&!!!

1 Like

I hear that I’m in the same boat here. I use $40 in electricity but my bills 135 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

so using what dbrn said about the lights and cost i calculated about $12 bucks for both I think if I use his formula plug in my rate which is 0.064770 pr Kwh i come out with $12 buck a month for them 2 lights …so clearly not the problem…it may also be my neighbor who is an electrical lineman and may have tapped into my house…if so im going to become the neighbor from hell!! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

isnt it BS that these comapnies can do that to us…crazy how the big fish always makes out while they expect the lil guy to pay for it all.

2 Likes

I would think you could monitor how much your well pump is running and see. Well pump running all the time sounds more like an issue the reassure tank or pressure switch, those should be inside somewhere you can take a look at. Not sure what your level of understanding of this system is, but I could probably help you troubleshoot if need be.

I know my electric bill is pretty high in summer from my air conditioner and dehumidifier I run in my basement.

2 Likes

That would be great… Ive heard that your well pump could continuously run and cause your bill to skyrocket. and you are correct my pressure tank and switch are all in the basement. im unsure how to check if it is running all the time though. im going to have to do some more research to see what are the ways to check this. If you have any information it would be greatly appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Every home is a little different. I can actually hear my pump run if I’m next to pressure tank. But even if you can’t, should still be able to watch Guage on tank. I replaced my tank 2 years ago, bladder was busted and every time water would run the damn pump just came on and off rapidly for like 15 minutes. Once you draw water to fill point your pump should cycle on and run to stop point. Some are like on at 30 psi and off at 50 psi, and some are on at 40 psi and off at 60 psi.

I would just go sit by tank and see what happens when no water is running. If it’s bleeding off and cycling your well pump when you’re not running any water you probably have a leak or something like running toilet valve. If it short cycles on and off at all you probably have bad pressure tank. If it sits idle no problem it’s probably fine. Only other thing I could think of is maybe if it takes forever for pressure to build, you could maybe have a leak between pump and where it comes in to your home.

2 Likes

Ya I dont hear the pump doing this. I appreciate all your info. i ran a dehumidifier for like 4 days on and off my bill i think is just outrageous. Im going to wait for this next bill to come out where there is no use of a.c and dehumidifiers and see where it comes in at. hopefully just over usage. but having only 1 choice fo a utility company is absolutely ridiculous! But thanks for all your help. now i need to figure out how to rescue my girls that have grown so bud heavy they have all fallen over!! but for me thats a good thing!! I will say this since putting my 2nd HLG 300 Rspec into play in my tent these girls have done great 42 " tall and one must be 2 to 3ft wide. In every other grow ive done I never needed a scrog net…This time I should of had 1 but I will use some wooden tomato staked and twine to give the base strength and prop them up. they only have 3 to 4 weeks left the tri’s are about 40% milky now so im going to try to stretch 3 more weeks 1 of feeding and 2 of just water to leech out chemicals and finish them off :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Hopefully this next bill is more reasonable. You wouldn’t expect a dehumidifier to make a huge impact over just a few days either. They are pretty much the same as running an air conditioner though.

4 Likes

Sounds like where I live in NorCal. PG&E is responsible for many, many of the horrific fires here, they charge us an insane amount for electricity. With 85 people who dies, they gave the families only $10,000 each!!! And to boot, they almost went bankrupt and our wonderful Governor bailed them out :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

@Bulldognuts @Caligurl @Covertgrower @NeoGroR @dbrn32 @kdawg O.k so im looking for sugestions/ideas on how to help my girls finish off their last 2 weeks. the branches are all toppling over all girls are extremely bud heavy (which is great for me) :crazy_face: :cowboy_hat_face: but they all need approximately 2 more weeks to finish off tri’s are about 45% milky and pistils about same but i believe 2 more weeks will finish them good…i could pulll now but would love to let em finish right. I never had to use a scrog net and this time i really could of used it (lesson learned for future) but any ideas?? i guess i could just let em go the way they are but one of my bigger ones the top bud just fell over she is still atached but completely bent over… :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: any help would be great

2 Likes