Germination to Seedling

Ok the mother earth soil I am using is coco perelite so I did buy the ilgm fertilizer so I just go ahead and mix up the seedling fertilizer on them

What are your alternatives?
The root should not get any light how you fix that, i donā€™t know.

I know nothing about coco perlite, this is my first indoor grow. But i played with many ladies in the fieldsā€¦

These guys are steering you right. Get them planted with the tap roots covered. Then you have til the cotes yellow to figure out feeding. Yes you will need to feed soon in coco.

Most new growers I see struggling with seedlings are using some sort of rapid rooter or peat pod thing. Iā€™d suggest just going straight to your medium in the future. Iā€™ve successfully started in 1, 3, and 5 gallons. Lots of people here start in solo cups.

1 Like

I got a good help with another grower and he has given me some help. I took my messed up seeds and planted them in soil. He said just make sure you cover the root.

Yeah I did but hey that is how I learn.

1 Like

What soil did you put them in?

Ok I planted the seeds in mother earth coco perelite now how soon should I put fertilizer on them

1 Like

Youā€™re going to treat this as soilless and start feeding now/when cotelydons yellow. Which wonā€™t be long.

1 Like

With coco, start feeding now/soonest as coco has no nutrients in it.

1 Like

Ok I have it planted in the 4" pots. One is showing the stem and the sucker leaves still half. The other one I did the same but I had to cover it all because the root was still to out there. I have them under propgater and have a cfl blue light on them 18/6. My water is testing ph at the right range without fertilizer so do I need to add fertilizer to it?

1 Like

Yes, being in the right ph range is important but you have to feed them as well. Make sure you check ph after adding nutrients to the water.

How are you checking ph? Seems odd that your water would come out the tap in the 5.8-6 range.

Itā€™s filtered water and I have a ph tester to. So you are saying to put fertilizer in the water even if water tests at seedling ph

1 Like

Ph and fertilizer are only related in that adding fertilizer changes the pH. You feed at a certain ppm or ec, not ph.

So your checking your waterā€™s total dissolved solids, with a tds meter, then adding fertilizer until you hit a desired ppm (parts per million).

Then when you hit your desired feed ppm level you ph the water to an appropriate number. 5.8 would be good in your case.

Ok well I then the next time I water them I will do it with the fertilizer I got through ilgm. I also want to thank you for your help to. Deb by the way

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome. The other guy who had been answering your questions, hellraiser, is very knowledgeable. He can answer any questions you have. Feel free to ask me anything as well, use @Eagles009 to get someoneā€™s attention.

Well I am glad for that. I will. If it will be ok to ask if you have seen my messed up germination. I did what Hellraiser said I put them in 4" pots. Now I do go with the 18/6 light schedule. Will be taking pictures of them and attach later to get opinions.

1 Like

18-6 is fine. Iā€™ve run seedlings at 24-0, 18-6, and 12-12. All grew healthy. 12-12 had lots of stretch.

Now right now they are in a grow tent under a cfl 20 watt with just blue. For humidity what do you recommend? Itā€™s maintains 72 temperature and over 50 per cent humidity.

1 Like

Iā€™d aim for a little higher on both temp and humidity maybe 78-80 degrees F and 70+ humidity.

That being said your definitely at an acceptable place with 72f and over 50rh. They wonā€™t die because of those numbers.

So for the light is that ok blue and 20 watt?

1 Like