Germination techniques

Hey all, been trying to germinate 2 blueberry seeds and 2 pineapple. Soaked in h2o, 2 opened where u could see white root, let go another couple days but never opened any farther. Tried to rock wool one that opened but no luck. Other 2 didn’t open at all in water. Anybody had any better luck with diff techniques? Noob so open to ideas thanks

I’ve always soaked 24 hours in distilled water and gone directly into soil. FFOF, about 1/2" deep into pretty wet soil with 100% success.

5 Likes

@JJFISH

Yeah I agree. Water for 24 hours and then soil/ rock wool/ rapid rooter plugs. Whatever medium you prefer.

1 Like

Distilled water for 24 hours in a warm dark place then to moist soil and mist 4 to 6 times a day to keep it damp and I had all 5 seeds germinate within 3 days.

I have succes whit this method. Passive Hydroponics For Starting Seeds - #14 by Paranorman

1 Like

I follow @Majiktoker germination method. No secret, but effective!

5 Likes

I’ve done the same as @Myfriendis410 but different soil with 100% germination.

1 Like

I use the paper towel method to germinate.
I don’t soak my seeds at all. I fold a paper towel up and then wet it, I don’t get it drenched just nice and most then put the seed in the paper towel and put it on a paper plate and take another paper plate upside down and cover it. Then I put it on my cable box to keep it warm checking it in the morning and evening to make sure it is still moist then once the tail breaks through and is approximately 1/2" - 3/4" long and then put it in seedling starter soil. I have had %100 success rate using this method.
All kinds of ways to do it really others have great success soaking the seeds but I’ve never tried it myself.

1 Like

I use this same method and so far 100% success. Once you see it popping out of the soil, spray 3 times a day. 24 hours in warm water and right into soil, very shallow, no more than 1/2" deep

do you need :star2: starting soil

No you could use regular soil. Just try and avoid soils with a high charge of nutrients in them.
The starter soil I use has a micorrhizae in it which premotes root growth
@irma1010