Germination/Seedling Help Please

Hi Guys, could anyone give a Learner a little advice please. Pictured is a newly Germinated Cheese Autoflower, 5 days after first getting wet. She has popped up beautifully and should have her first leaves soon.
Q. She has been in the dark so far and I would like to know when you guys think I should move her under lights? Do I get her going now, wait for the small first leaves or wait until the second (real leaves) start to show?
I’m sure the best answer is out there and if anyone knows you lot will. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Keep Smiling, everyone will wonder what you are up to!

3 Likes

Get light on her now not to close
What type of lights you using
@Niala might be better to help you here

3 Likes

Put her asap under light it should have be done sooner. What kind of light you have if I may ask , it gone a help me to helping you :innocent: :v: :grinning:

1 Like

@Wasthatmee The stretching is coming from she desparetly searching for a light source, poor little thing, lol :wink::innocent: You can put more soil in your cup, just enough to it to be half way of the main stem :+1:

~Al :v: :innocent:

3 Likes

@Wasthatmee when I put seed in soil light goes on soil it keeps soil warm if using lights with ir or by keeping light close to soil and move my light up when seed sprouts to a proper distance
That’s what I do anyway
Good info @Niala as always :+1::cowboy_hat_face:CB

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind word CB :innocent: Good info too for the using of light with IR tip, @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Thanks @Niala and @Countryboyjvd1971 I had her in my Hot Press so temp. was fine. I’ve topped up the soil as advised to cover half the stem. I’ve taken your advice and moved her into my small grow space, she will go into my tent when I have room. I’ve put her under a SunBuddha 250W/400W Metal Halide Lamp which I’ve set so that just above the seedling I can put my hand underneath, the light warms my hand but it is comfortable warmth and not going to burn my little girl. Here’s a pic … I’m sorry for the strobe lines, the camera doesn’t like that bulb :confounded: It’s an Auto so I have set my timer for 20/4 and will keep an eye on the Temp and Humidity.

That’s about 78F to save anyone googling conversion charts :smile: Thanks again Guys for the help. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

No problem, you’re welcome @Wasthatmee, it’s always a pleasure to help fellow grower

2 Likes