Germination question - Ready to put in soil?

Hi all. I’ve got a germination dilemma/question. Based on the pic can I move these Northern Lights photo seeds from water into soil yet?

Background: I had a great first grow experience with White Widow autos which germinated within 48 hours and had nice long tails. But now I’m on my fifth and sixth Northern Lights seeds after failing to get #1-4 to germinate successfully - very small / no tails after 4+ days in water. Wondering if I drowned them by keeping them in water too long waiting for the tails to get as long as my White Widow Autos did. I used ILGM recommended germination process on all seeds - soak in distilled water. Any advice appreciated!

1 Like

I don’t leave them in water more than 24 hours, but I usually have a significant tail by then. I also usually add a few drops of H202 and make sure they are kept comfortably warm (not hot).

Some people just throw the seed in the ground without germinating first. I can clearly see a tail forming. I would try planting. They shouldn’t be in water that long. If they live, they live at this point. Just my humble opinion. Everyone does this differently.

3 Likes

I agree with @Caligurl . Put a cap full of hydrogen peroxide in water, swirl it around to mix, drop seed. I cover and sit in warm dark space. Usually overnight I have small tail. I head for the dirt, and cover with a qt jar dome that I have sprayed inside. I then spray some outside after placement. It creates a ring around your babies. When the dome comes off, about a week, there’s a ring that remains. I only water outside of that ring. It helps to promote roots.
I know there are lots of different ways to get thru the germination stage, but this works well for me.
Hope I could help.

2 Likes

Or you could go to a damp (not wet) pper towel for a few more hours. The water in the paper towel keeps the seed and taproot hydrated properly while u can let the root grow a bit more.

Make sure to keep it warm (not hot, think seed in paper towel inside of two paper plates ontop of a small cable box) and the pper towel damp. 12-16 more hours tops. Should get a bit longer root

3 Likes

Thanks all…Will do as suggested and forge ahead!

1 Like

I do the paper towel method as well… I take a plate, wet it with the solution from the seed soaking, cover it with another paper towel, put another plate on top. I put it on my pet warmer bed on low then cover the plate with a towel.

2 Likes