Germination of really old Columbian Seeds

Me Too ! !

Gotta see if it’s a boy or girl so I know if I’m an aunt or uncle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hope you are going to be an aunt !:sunglasses: LOL

1 Like

I’ll hope you’re an uncle to a niece!

3 Likes

What ever brings me a plant with NO BALLS ! ! Ya’ll stay safe ! Jerry

1 Like

My parent plants are really growing well and it looks like I have bad news on BOTH my plants. No signs of female in both clones. They are looking like males ! Gonna leave them a little while more to be sure. Will let you know when I am sure.

I have an alternative plan. They (all four) are going to be sold to a fellow grower that wants to cross his female White Widow and pure Indica to see what happens. He will give me some of the F1 seeds after they are grown.

I wish I had his room, he has a whole 10x14 room that is divided into three separate rooms that is going to be used for cross breeding different plants. That is in addition to his 10x10 veg room and his 10x12 Flowering room.

Gonna try some more seeds again soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that I’ve been hoping for the best :frowning:

1 Like

One day soon, I hear January is a big month for us brother​:four_leaf_clover::sunglasses:

1 Like

If the parents were less than 90 days old, the clones can take a while to mature if I am not mistaken. There is still hope.

O.K. First set of seeds gone. I sold the clones and parents to a friend that is going to cross one with blueberry and a separate cross with WW ! ! I get to get some seeds from both when he gets a stable generation in about 18 months. Should be interesting. At least I am going to get some stable seeds and might be a great thing if the strains come out good. Columbian Blueberry sounds really cool !

And now here is the next three seeds that I started a week ago.

I am AMAZED that these old seeds are popping like new seeds, not seeds that were young 40 years ago ! ! That GA-3 may have had a lot to do in germinating these seeds. Next time I am going to do them in just water. I wanted to see if they really needed it (GA-3). A lot of old growers said that the really old Columbian seeds were really strong genetics and very hearty seeds.

Really excited no matter what happens. Here’s to hoping I get some ladies in this crop. Ya’ll stay safe ! Jerry

7 Likes

How are they doing?

1 Like

Got them in Hydroponics at a friends greenhouse. Doing well. I have been having trouble with staying out of the hospital again. Seems like I cannot get a break ! ! Have run out of weed and am trying to deal with my pain and depression with medications. NOT going well. Will try to get back to writing again. Hope everyone has a Merry High Christmas and a happy New Year. Tx

2 Likes

Sorry to hear , I will be keepimg you in my thoughts ,And wishing you the best . And may a big bud fall your way … Take care .
Hammer .

3 Likes

My prayers go out for you. I know how it can work on your mind when things just keep going wrong.

Stay strong…

1 Like

Would this help with new seeds? I’m terrible at the germination process.

If you are referring to my grow, these seeds are 30-35 years old of a species that is most likely not even available now. Was some of the best Columbian I have EVER had !

4 Likes

Hey Jerry just checking up on you hope everything is fine wish I could help you brother I know how it feels to be low.

4 Likes

Appreciate the message. Last year was rough but am hoping the New Year will bring a good change! Hope you have a great New Year !

4 Likes

Most seeds are not hard to germinate. Do you have Robert’s book on growing? It is a free download here. That is where I started. The covered dish with a moist paper towel has worked really well for me. I had a little problem at first but it seems to be working well now. Patience is the key. I used the GA-3 (Gibberellic Acid) on my seeds only because they were so old. The new seeds usually are not that hard to start.
I really reccommend Robert’s download. You Tube also has some good info on starting seeds. Good luck.

This thread gives me hope…I have some seeds I got a few years ago and when I first got them they popped like a charm but I have been trying to get them to pop and no dice yet. Tried a little bit of the GA3 but not in actual PPM measurements…Awesome log. Hope to see more of it.

1 Like