Germination of my seeds

I’m having a very hard time getting my seeds to germinate! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong! I go into water for a day or so and then into a paper towel till I get a taproot. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Are your Light and temps good?

1 Like

Use 5ml hydrogen peroxide to 50ml dechlorinated water. If the seeds are viable, they will crack open within 48 hours @Savage1977. Then put them in a damp paper towel in a plastic bag until you like the size of the root. I let mine get at least a half inch before I go to rapid rooter pods. I haven’t lost a seed in a few years doing it this way. I have had a few not crack open though.

3 Likes

All you have to do put them in a cup of water set them in a dark area for several days check them when they crack put them in soil sometimes it’ll take 3 to 5 days but they should crack

1 Like

What temperature are they being kept at? Overall environment

1 Like

Right around 80 or so. Nice and humid

2 Likes

If I had to guess you’re over watering. Hard to say without more info. Can you describe your exact method in detail?

1 Like

I use water with a little peroxide. Put them in the dark on a heat mat. Typically crack 24 hours to 48. Soon as i see white i put them in solos. What works for me. Container i use is a mason jar with lid on.

2 Likes

All good proven methods :muscle:

Thank you guys all so much!! I just ordered some skywalker og off here so hopefully I’ll have a little better success! lol

1 Like

I’m actually thinking I may have had it a little too warm, it was almost 90 at one point

What about using distilled water or purified water? I’ve never used peroxide so it makes me nervous

Peroxide is good for seedlings

1 Like

Distilled with a peroxide is good. A capfull in a cup.

1 Like

Sweet! Thank you!

From my last grow! Now all I need are some decent seeds! Lmao

5 Likes

Sometimes the seeds (not all) just wont crack open. Ive had 100% success, and ive had less then 50% from the ilgm seeds. If they are big and tiger striped, they always sprout, but ive gotten some smaller seeds that are not dark and striped, (almost immature) they are tbe ones that do not sprout well. Like others have said, shot glass of water, with a couple ml’s of peroxide does help. I do 24 hr soak only, then to paper towel sitting on cable box, once they are atleast a quarter inch tap root, plant immediately. Best of luck

If they don’t crack in 24 hours, still put them in the dirt?

You can do the paper towel method after until you get a taproot it can take up to 72hrs i believe…just dropped 5 seeds using the water and peroxide mix to test out

Well hopefully I can get my hands on some seeds here pretty soon