Germination of mixed seeds…

Well, my intent was to begin my first grow right after I completed purchasing “all the right stuff”. However, I didn’t. Time went by and so on and so forth and I’ve forgotten what type of seeds I have (fem, auto, reg) and I’m chomping at the bit to get started.

My question is, is there a “one size fits all” germination and growing technique I can use to get the best results possible after my screw up?

I plan on germinating between two fairly thick make-up removing pads vs paper towels and using a soil medium. I’ll take any advice I can get as I really don’t want to dump these seeds and eat the loss.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like

I would treat them as photos, as the lighting schedule for photo, won’t mess up autos (they don’t care about lights schedule)

2 Likes

I just saw this posted somewhere. Shoutout @Phoneman for saving me some typing LOL

The solo cup on top is optional
And I prefer starting in Happy Frog

But the rest is SPOT ON

1 Like

Thanks VERY much PurpNGold74 and @phoneman!!! Luckily I did label them at least. I have:

Zskittles
Thunder fuck
Northern lights
Bruce Banner
White Widow
Gorilla Glue

1 Like

So, continuing my my potential journey into hell (at least for the moment) and figuring that I would get a fairly lousy germination rate I stupidly threw down all of my Zkittles (9) seeds between some makeup removal pads and kept them moist for ~3 days. In the middle of the third day I took a quick peek to see if anything popped. Imagine my surprise when I saw this:
All female volunteer (Zkittles) army!

I was completely unprepared for this and am scrambling to get ready. Very poor planning on my part but I’ll figure it out. Some may be destined for the back yard as my 4x4’ tent can’t accommodate all of these, besides, I want my first grow to be at least 3 different strains.

One quick question for those of you who have battled your way to this point. It is whether or not I can use styrofoam pea outs as drainage in my pots without fear of any detrimental effect to the soil or kids?

My thanks to those who have offered advice so far, I very much appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like

Oh my, what have you done?

1 Like

I’d say screwenzieuppen in my native tongue… ?

Dave

1 Like

Styrofoam? I thought peat pods (like below the napkins in ur pics, were Peat lol. Those are usable. Just pull a @UGrowGIRL and forget to remove the screen before transplant LOL.

They are supposed to be able to grow thru it but her definitely didnt

2 Likes

Lol I totally did not use any screens so I think you may be thinking of someone else lol

1 Like

My mistake. I thought u had found the roots didnt make it out of the pod. They come in a little screen film thingy… hmmm

Nope. It was @BigMommaC my mistake! LOL

2 Likes

I don’t know how you remember all of the conversations you have lol. I’d be lost

1 Like

Hahahh yea yea yea that was ME and I didn’t forget I just totally thought it was fine haha :pensive::grimacing:
Live and learn!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sorry for my less than informative post. I had not meant to use the peat pods for this purpose, at least for now. I was planning on transplanting to a lager pot before they move to 5 gal. buckets as their final home. If I get that far!

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like

Oh, that’s easy UGrowGirl! I don’t! Therein lies my biggest problem. When I began to plot out this venture last year I wasn’t having memory issues. I do now. It truly sucks.

Dave

2 Likes

Search bar For The Win!! Lol

2 Likes