Germination issues with White Widow fem, grown indoors

From a fellow grower: So I followed the instructions with submerge soak of seeds between 48-72 hours. The shells all cracked open. I placed them root side down under half inch of light soil in small containers. With two cfl 60 watt bulbs to start for the first two weeks. My question is if I didn’t mess up, how long until growth sprout? When planted it had 7-8 hours light first night with 4 off now it’s on track for 18 hours on 6 off.

1 Like

Generally they will break soil within 48 hrs after planting if not too deep.
Although I have seen it take a bit longer depending on type of soil.
:v:

1 Like

Yup 2-3 days is the usual if I don’t see anything by day 4 I’ll do a gentle brush aside to see if it withered which happens occasionally

1 Like

1/2 inch is a little deeper then you need. You might want to brush a little soil off to the side where your seed is to give it less of a journey to the :bulb:.

I shoot for more like 1/4 - 3/8 inch deep.

1 Like

Yes definitely I second that :point_up:t4:I have had success with barely putting any soil over the seed about 1/16 to an 1/8 over and my seeds sprout within 12 hours or less under high humidity.

2 Likes

Hello,
Only two thirds ( I bought a 10 plus 10 pack) of my White Widow feminized seeds grew a tail in water. I followed directions precisely and even left some in the water for a week and nothing happened. There was a big difference in the size of the seeds. I also tried planting them in dirt even though they showed no signs of life, but nothing. BUT the ones that made it are doing extremely well with the fertilizer I purchased with the seeds!

Hi there, if you bought seeds from ILGM, if you contact customer support, they will help you with replacement seeds.

1 Like