Germination GG#4

Any advice on germinating the gg4 seeds. This is my 3rd attempt at germinating them, with not so good success. Like 1 out of 4. Any advice help be greatly appreciated. I’ve already had replacement seeds sent to me once…

Claire gave me germination instructions as follows:
Float beans in H20 at 68°f and 5.8-6.0 pH…
I also add 1/4 ml of GH RapidStart…
I’m brand new to this Forum so I hope this helps…
Btw: my germination success rate is over 90% and I only use ILGM seeds…
Good Luck… :v::sunglasses:

How are you germinating?
Are they not cracking open or do they die after sprouting??
New here, but from reading others posts maybe try a Support Ticket…
Ask anyone with an ILGM logo by their name to provide you with a Support Ticket, I don’t know where to look for the Support Ticket…
I think you put an “@” in front of the name to send a message to them…
I may be wrong, if so please correct me…
New and still learning…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you. Yeah they have been soaking in water today at 3pm will be 3 days… I have ILGM seeds, 8 different strains. I’ve had good success at germinating all of them except the Gorilla Glue # 4, I’m literally getting like 1 out of 4 success rate😨

I follow the germination guide but they are not cracking or showing tap root. Other seeds do fine, I have 20 plants, all from ILGM, and they are doing fine… it’s just the gg#4

Have you tried changing the water temp…
I just floated another round of (WW…)
Edit: Oops Hash Bomb-not WW…
The first 3 didn’t crack at all, so I changed the water temp to 77°f and they popped within 18 hrs…
Message one of the Mods with an “@” in front of the name and they will be able to help you…
Not sure if this is the correct way to do this??
@latewood @Countryboyjvd1971
Is this the way to help this guy? @Wolfe
I don’t know how to access the Support Ticket…

Here’s the Support Ticket…
Fill this out best you can and someone with more knowledge than I have should be able to help you out…
ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(strain name, unknown bag seed, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/runoff) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels?

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %?

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you !

Hope this helps… :v::sunglasses:

Hi there I just put mine in damp paper towel and three days later a tail, although it was abit slower the my other two strains

Absolutely correct.

1 Like

Support ticket has always been at the top of the forum pinned and in GrowFAQs

1 Like

Some seeds take longer than others and seeds that are older can take a day or more to pop. Personally; I never soak my seeds. They get soaked when I place them in a drenched rockwool cube. I have no problems ever with any strain, using rockwool 1.5" cubes

2 Likes

Ok thank you all. May just take a little while longer, or I can do a support ticked

Thanks for the Info I wasn’t sure i did it correctly…

Hey, let me know how you do with the GG4…
That is going to be my next grow…
Got a buy 10 get 10 free deal so I gotta try them…

1 Like

Well to keep it simple this is what I do. I soak beans in PHed water for 24 hrs give or take. Then remove and place directly into FFOF soil which is 25%perlite and 75% soil at a depth of about 1/4” no more than 1/2” cover bean lightly with soil and within 2 to 3 days you should have a head above ground. This is what I do maybe if you can simplify the process a little you’d get it going. But I hope you get them going

1 Like

Do you just soak the rock wool once? till they sprout? Or just keep it soaked all the time? I would like to try the rock wool method but I have never had a problem with the exact instructions given. I then take the seed with the tap root , which has always been around 24 -30 hours in water, and place it in a small container with root down and seed head up 1/4 inch deep, and in 1 day they are sprouting. Now I did have a few chronic widows die on me but ILGM sent me new ones no questions asked that is why I buy from them alot. A friend bought an OZ of gg4 and got one seed out of the whole bag and gave it to me, I put it in the water and boom next day a tap root 1/4 inch long and it is growing like the dickens. Maybe because the whole deal is in a 78 degree room when they are germinated, I guess temp has something to do with it. Alot of seeds float but one time a seen dropped right to the bottom, I was like, what was that, I didn’t expect that, but when I checked in the morning it was floating so later on I could see it was splitting and next morning tap root.

Thanks for all your help man, appreciated… I got 1 gg#4 about 5ft just prefowering…she outdoor, but pretty. This run I’m doing the gg4 indoors. I’ll let you know, thanks again…

2 Likes

I started a grow thread,but haven’t learned to link you to yet,
Title is "Greetings…New Here…
I put a couple pics of my girls…

2 Likes

The gg#4 is the bomb but they all are I have been working thru the difference beans we have and that one is fire great Yields and very dense nugs

That’s what I hear…
Gotta great deal 10+10 free, so Christmas will be Frosty…

1 Like