Germination day

I’m not sure if I can answer your question, but I grow in 50/50 mixture of FF OF and FF Coco Loco. I don’t start nutrients until runoff ppm’s gets below 1000. Which is usually 6-8 weeks into veg or first week of flower. I do start adding cal-mag early within the first couple of weeks. So summing up I would say you probably should start cal-mag. Whenever you mix coco with soil it can be a little tricky, depending on what the percentage of coco vs soil is. Coco Loco is about 60 percent coco mixed with aged forest products. You are probably aware with pure coco you have to provide everything from the start, so when you mix soil in it’s difficult to be sure what to add. Hopefully this helps :+1:

2 Likes

The coco coir brick I got was course grade (who knew?) even after soaking and rinsing allowing for unstable footing for the seedlings. So I added my super soil in the solo cups at @30% just for the seedling phase. They do seem to be taking off though.

1 Like

I don’t actually know much about the clone feed. According to the schedule of feeding, it should be about 3.2 grams per gallon of water. Or in liters, .85 grams per liter. So 2.5 grams for 3 liters. You may be seeing funky growth because you’re not giving quite enough.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply…but, on the bag it says .66g/L which is -2g / L, I think.
Seems like this 3# bag will last 2 lifetimes! Today I’ll mix up some along with the CalNit, and Ebsom salts and see what happens. In another post @Borderryan22 suggested this very kind of problem was no big deal but likely caused be hot seedling soil.

1 Like

Interesting. I just went to their website and pulled up the feed schedule. They have the 1:100 dilution ratio, at 312g per 100 gal, which to me translates into 3.12g/1gal. I read it wrong the first time but that still ends up at 0.824g/liter or 2.47g per 3 liters.

Honestly I trust nutrient schedules online over printed ones solely because they have a higher chance of being revised more frequently

2 Likes

So it’s like the f___ing CDC…sorry Jacks, not that bad.
I’ll go with the 2.52/gal. Plus CalNit and Epsom salts as listed on the bags. I imagine if you’re doing a grow where you need to mix 100gal for much greater volume pots or outdoors growing in the ground. I’ll ask Cody at Jacks.

1 Like

Perhaps. I always use those numbers myself because I mix into a 1gal concentrate. Then again, I’m at a point where I can use that up in about a week if I want to, so it doesn’t sit around and get weird anymore. (I used to mix it up like that and only go through 10-20 gallons a week, so it could take a month or two to use the whole gallon of concentrate😂)

Yes, I’m using this for my weed and garden seedlings including already repotted broccoli. So I’ll go through it quickly but when the weed gets repotted into 3and5 gal pots, I’m thinking I’ll need to go with the part A not the clone feed?

According to their (online) feed schedule, it should go to part A, B, and Epsom once you hit “vegetative” stage. Whatever that means. (I say facetiously but at the same time with sincerity. I count my plants as vegging once they have 2-3 nodes, which may be far sooner than most).

1 Like

Part B is CalNit 15.5-0-0. Oh sh_t, I just mixed up a gal with CloneFeed 15-6-17, CalNit 15.5-0-0 and Epsom salts. Looks like too much N. I’ll save that gal for next month when th garden can use it!

I figure use CloneFeed till they’re ready to repot, like the first or second fans hanging over the solo cup, I’ll call vegetative. Then I’ll start using the 321

1 Like

Repotted in coco loco. Doing better. Feeding 1/2 Dose Jacks partA pHed to 6.3. Three will go out 3 will stay in.

1 Like

Update: Topped the NLights auto (front right). All stuffed into my 20x36” tent for another week or so. Lite dosing of Jacks 321. 2-100w LEDs at 75%. Temp is 85’ and RH is 45-50% with plenty of breeze.

1 Like