6stringTs #5grow journal

How did you make the tincture

1 Like

Nice line up! You’ll like the Lemon :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Tincture: 1, chop up and decarb weed
2, freeze decarbed weed and Everclear (24-48hr)
3, grind frozen weed, cover with Everclear shake many Xs and freeze over night, then SQUeeeze out with cheese cloth and a potato ricer.
3b, cover again with(much less) Everclear shake some more and SQUeese out again.
4, reduce, (boil off Everclear very slowly toward the end!) on an electric hot plate outdoors! NO OPEN FLAME!
5,collect RSO and infuse (heated) with MCT oil and a bit of sunflower lecithin.
I even love the flavor of this stuff.
You can adjust the strength by adding or subtracting decarbed weed. I try to make it so a 1ml. dropper full =@20mg or so.
@Newt Ive doubled up in the same (4oz jar) of MCT with @.9 oz total weed, not tried 3x yet.

1 Like

The triple infusion I just did was fire. I had about a cap’s worth of oil left in/on my utensils Saturday, and just kept it till yesterday around 4, when I used it like butter on a slice of bread. I was very high all evening. I used 1 ounce of trim, and infused 1/3 of it each run. I did have to add a small amount of oil on the 3rd run, in order to cover my material. Once I was done infusing, I mixed in another (roughly) half a gram of QWET extract. It ended up making 28 caps.

3 Likes

Got a few strains soaking waiting for tap roots.

3 Likes

Swimmers!

1 Like

Yeah had just dropped them

1 Like

If no one has suggested it yet, I highly recommend autopots (from autopot-USA) - they gravity feed and have a float mechanism to allow your plant to tell the reservoir when it’s time to drain more water into the tray. I get explosive growth and don’t have to spend my time watering often at all. I refill a 12 gal reservoir once a week, maybe twice a week, for four plants. Easy-peasy and no mechanical parts to fail on you really.

1 Like

Sounds like 1or2 week commitment at a time. But I may try it after I get my feet wet on this new (to me) coco grow. Thinking hand watering till I get to know the system. Coco and Jacks that is.

1 Like

@2GreenThumbs you must be growing 80-100. You must have 2 green thumbs, green toes and fingers as well!

1 Like

Last night I could see 1 NL auto completely sprouted and a bunch of helmet heads. This AM or tomorrow I may need to soak and remove the hats with tweezers. Been a bit cool in there so it is slow going. I forgot to up the temp last night. So @65F. With @55%RH.

Update:
OK, temp up to 73 F, RH up to 58%. All sprouted above dirt with hats removed except 1 just don’t want to let it go! No prob.
6 gal. bucket of rain water pH (with crappy pen) is 8+ At the ready. The well water is 7.5 So very light dose of Jacks clone feed and some lemon juice to get pH down. Not watering yet though. The coco mix is holding plenty of moisture now. They are @20” under the Hydra 1000 dimmed to 50w. I think we have a good start.

1 Like

Here they are in solo cups. Need more domes.

2 Likes

Agreed. They’re lookin’ fine from here. :v::100:

1 Like

Here they are on 5/4 with one late bloomer. There’s Cream and Cheese CBD 1:1, Harliquin Kimbo Kush CBD 1:2, seeds an lemon auto, northern lights auto.

3 Likes

Happy birthday(s) little sprouts! :seedling:

1 Like

Today I received my Apera pH pen, calibrated it, and mixed up 3 letters of water with -2g. Of Jacks Clone-feed all pHed to @6.1
Temp is 74F. RH is @50%. Hydra 1000 running 18/6 at 65% and 20” high.

1 Like

@1HappyPappy , @OGIncognito , @Fieldofdreams , @Spiney_norman , @MrPeat , @Bulldognuts , @MidwestGuy , and anyone with coco grow experience. I’m seeing slight problems on the first set of regular leaves.
They are in coco with some good potting soil mixed in. I’ve used Jacks CloneFeed (15-6-17) 2grams /3L water. Wondering if I need to add the CalNit (15.5-0-0) and or Epsom salts it this point.
I’m thinking about repotting into Coco Loco instead of straight Coco/perlite.

3 Likes

I’m a soil only grower. If I could help, I would but its outside my wheel house.

2 Likes

Thanks bud, I may go back to soil before I get started with coco myself!

2 Likes