Germinating problem

I purchased a purple pack a few months ago and recently began trying to start them. I first tried the way I’ve always done, with paper towel. I did 1 of each strain and they cracked open but didn’t get any longer after they initially popped. After about a week, I figured I must’ve done something wrong since I didn’t use the ILGM method. So I tried 1 of each of the three in individual cups with distilled water. Again they cracked open within 24 hrs. After 48 though, they again hadn’t moved any further than the initial opening. So I put all 6 in peat pods hoping something might pop, still have not. I wasn’t expecting the first set to do anything, given how long it had been since they initially started, but was hopeful for the 2nd set. Please help me understand what, if anything am I doing wrong to get them started. I don’t know if it’s the seeds or me, but given I’m 0 for 6 right now I’m assuming I’m doing something wrong and just don’t want to waste any more of my seeds or time. Both are precious. Thanks.

What temperature are you keeping your seeds during germination?

I soak seeds overnight in hydrogen peroxide water, then in moist paper towel until root appears, then into growth medium (in my case, soil). I keep the temperature at 75 F during this entire process.

I have had excellent results with this procedure.

Good luck @Wileycoyote8693, and a warm welcome to the ILGM forum. You will find all of the assistance that you need from the great members of the forum.

3 Likes

I do the same water and poroxide then to dirt

1 Like

I put them in oven coverd up in a glass with just oven light on and that keeps it warm I dont remeber who told me that but it was on here it keeps oven 75-80

2 Likes

Is it straight peroxide out of the bottle or mixed with more water? If mixed, what’s the ratio you use to soak them?

1 Like

I put one or two drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in a shot glass of distilled water.

1 Like

I’ve found that regardless of the germination method used, temperature is the key item to success. I try to keep mine between 77-80°F.

3 Likes

Did they show a tail at all?

1 Like

30-50 to1 3% hydrogen peroxide

1 Like

I plant them straight into the soil about 1/2 sometimes less and just keep them moist and warm I use a spray bottle and just spray where I planted my seed to keep it moist and I have not had a problem yet make sure they are in a warm area. Should pop up in about 7 days mine usually pop up in about 3-4 days

3 Likes

Barely enough to show outside of the shell.

@Wileycoyote8693 on my last two grows I planted my seeds straight into soil about a quarter inch deep. I used a spray bottle and misted the soil just enough to keep it moist. :v:Keep on keeping on!

2 Likes