Germinating not going well I am zero for five

If someone could tell me how to do everything use light or don’t use light just everything please ASSUMING I KNOW NOTHING. I feel like an idiot. Thanks in advance. Monty

3 Likes

Here’s how I do it:

1/4 cup distilled water in a mug
1/2 tsp 3% peroxide added

Seed is dropped in, placed on top of my cable box and left until shell cracks. If seeds are old I might dredge it across a nail file to score the husk. Give it time; every day add 1/2 tsp peroxide to keep sterile and add O to water. Once cracked, the seed is placed in a nutrient free medium like coco or Promix and slightly dampened with a dome over the top and placed under a 150 watt LED set on 24/0. Seed is misted with distilled water on the inside of the dome twice per day and I keep a tiny fan in space to keep air moving. Temp around 78F is perfection.

3 Likes

Hey man don’t feel like an idiot. If you are having issues and difficulties, I can help you if you want.

1 Like

Talk about wayyyyyyy too much. This person needs help not a scientific guide. Your method while it definitely works, is too complicated and not necessary especially for a novice grower

3 Likes

You’re gonna be in trouble if you can’t put distilled water in a cup with peroxide and wait. If that’s a problem for you it might be better to take up knitting.

OP asked for help and he got it. Thanks for the useless commentary.

2 Likes

I am super frustrated. Help will be appreciated.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 method will work just fine IMO. My method is a little different, in case you want an additional method.
I soak my seeds for 18 hours exactly like myfriendis410 does, but after the 18 hours I place my seeds in a wet paper towel and place that on a plate. I put another plate on top to keep moisture in and keep it dark, and place that in a heating pad, on pretty low. After 24-48 hours, I have had 100% germination.

4 Likes

My way…18 to 24 hours soak while in my bathroom. The darkest room in the house. I then pull the seed and or seeds to damp toilet paper for 48 hours. Then plant in their forever home.

I don’t use domes. I also don’t use anything for heat either. I have had excellent luck doing this. But then again I live 22 miles from the Gulf and 47 feet above sea level. Then add in my 12/12 light schedule from start to finish. Yup…I grow super monsters indoors.

And @Myfriendis410 knows what he is talking about.

5 Likes

Why make it so complicated?? I have grown outdoors for years, and do not profess to be anything but a guy who enjoys growing cannabis. I put my seed in a solo cup with an organic potting soil pre moistened, put it in a warm dark place and have germination in 48-72 hours always. Just saying you don’t need peroxide and distilled water and all that jazz. Less is more in my opinion and wasn’t in anyway trying to insult you.

Uploading: 20200530_115150.jpg… Uploading: 20200503_123328.jpg… Uploading: 20200504_154941.jpg…

This is this years current grow started indoors and now in my greenhouse with supplemental lighting until the summer solstice arrives. All organic no nutes except for a weekly shot of calmag and they are thriving. Taking soaked seeds then planting them is an addedadded step in my opinion where there could be some issues. Everyone does it differently, but I certainly have great success and the growth is spot on. The the plants are 45 days old today

2 Likes

This is 3 days ago. They are i 5 gallon geopots and will be transplanted into the 50 gallons this week. You have your method and I am super happy it works, but I think Monty needs simplicity as it seems he is already super frustrated…truce??

1 Like

Do you have seeds left Monty?? Just get a few solo cups, and a bag of good organic potting soil like 410 said ProMix is good. Place soil in bucket and mist with water and mix well until soil is moist but you can’t squeeze water out of it. Make sure to drill several holes for drainage in cup. Make a hole in the cup about a 1/2" deep no more than that, and put your seed in and cover it up. Use a spray bottle with water, if on city water use bottled, and mist the top. I put mine then in my tv console cabinet like 410 said with router where its warm. Keep an eye on them and mist them once a day. If you have pre moistened the potting soil that is the key. Give it a few days and then GERMINATION!! as far as after that we can chat about it

1 Like

The OP is having trouble germinating!!! If it was easy for him he could use your method but he’s lost 5 expensive seeds already so time to do something else, maybe???

I’m not disputing your growing skills but take into account others with less experience.

2 Likes

Nice pics, wish they were here.

12/12 Grow Cycle straight through…Huh?

Yup…sure do. :+1:

1 Like

So you don’t use a 18/6 or another veg lighting cycle? How do the plants flower if they never see a light change…you have piqued my curiosity

Nope…I only run 12/12 period. They flower on their own between 30 to 45 days. There is no Veg cycle. They will continue to stretch for months. I also have killer lights.

The first spike is when the lights kick on. The last sppke down is when the lights kick iff but I let the window ac run a little longer to help cool the tent.

1 Like

You have some good advice in here from guys with years of experience. I’m just a rookie

I don’t want to over complicate with additional methods, but I use Root Riot for my last seed. Just put in the pod and sat it in the tent with the rest of the plants.

1 Like

Was wondering if i could get some opinions on if this seed is good or bad?

1 Like

@Tdog94wl looks ok to me!! Pop that gal into the soil and away you go!!

3 Likes