Germinating Issues....I guess

@Majiktoker The reason I said what I said was because I had the issue and actually had to die on me it doesn’t hurt them to dig them up a little if you don’t have anything after six weeks or am I completely out of line I read everything going on but after six weeks something is usually up have you had them come out later than that ?

Post your findings back here, I look forward to helping more and getting you on track

1 Like

Im picky and dont have time to waste if they dont show in a week, I throw them in the yard, some I see later on some I dont

1 Like

I completely understand and I do the same thing but it sounds like this gentleman has a lot of money invested in is pretty frustrated which is completely understandable I’m just trying to help like all of us I’m not sure what I said to make you think I did not read the this . I just never had the experience of germinating in a cup

No, usually if they are coming up they do within a couple weeks, tops. After 6 weeks it gets a bit discouraging to say the least, but I have read blogs where people say NEVER give up…seems 6 weeks is DOA though, especially when there are 3 done same way that are looking great.

mmmmmmmmm???

2 Likes

I agree 100% I just hope there’s something we can salvage out of them and get more of them to pop but like you said after six weeks it’s kind of frustrating especially when you have three that are perfect if you end up with three great for girls you’ll have everything ready for clones If you’re into that

We will get this figured out for you my friend im not in charge of sales but I do send my deepest regards for the troubles, as I have seen and it was mentioned your a great customer with a lot of time and money invested and seeing that I won’t let you give up @Ranger

1 Like

I appreciate the input, please advise if any light bulbs go off…the over your head imaginary type.

1 Like

Yes sir, I will make sure I do :+1: and its my pleasure

I agree, bottom heat is key ! …I would invest about $35 for a propagation tray set-up complete with heating mat for best results

• good luck!

Sorry had inspector at my house so was pre disposed
everyone has made best suggestions and we all have our own little trick key points start low light and keep them warm once they have true leafs give them light while still warm and covered moist not wet uncover slowly letting them adjust to lower humidity. Give them more light or move them closer to light as they get better developed :slight_smile:
Hope some of this helps

1 Like

I have moved starter containers into separate room with only minimal natural light on a heating germinating pad. I had some on it earlier in this saga, but thought with lighting it might be a bit much.

Thanks for suggestion…fingers crossed.

1 Like

@Ranger,

You should be using T5’s are perfect for your starters. Not the 200 L E D or the 1000 LED lights

the 200 led.

and the 1000 led for flowering

flouros used in cloning and early seedlings. It is also important to chose the right shade. Some will reflect light much better than others. Any good supplier should be able to recommend the best for your requirements.

Will

Good luck, fingers are crossed for you, hope the others pop up soon. How old were the other seeds? (Just curious, cant help in anyway sorry)
:cherry_blossom:

First seeds were just received around New Year, after all seeds were at least 1 year old, stored in fridge with small de-hum silica in pill bottle. Again I have kept and germinated seeds this old before. Of the new seeds all 20 have been started, but only 3 have shown.

1 Like

Have you dug one up to see if it’s still germinating something I don’t recommend doing but after six weeks I don’t think it would hurt to do it to one because it will stress the seedling but you’ll see if there’s any life still in it

Not yet, but I intent to, prob tonight. I know where I put most so it should not be hard to locate, unless they have deteriorated beyond recovery after 6 weeks.

1 Like

Please keep me up-to-date on that I’m hoping for the best

@Ranger any updates

No updates. I am hoping the heated pad proves successful, or at least causes some of them to pop. Thanks for follow-up interest.

I will update if something changes. :astonished:

1 Like