Germinating fresh seeds?

Is it possible to germinate freshly taken seeds? Or how long I have to wait, until I can germinate them? I have not done that before so this question popped up in my head. It sounds more logical, that I need to wait some time, cause seeds have usually beak at winter after they are ripped. Would be thankful, if someone will enlight me about this topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As long as it is a mature seed It can be germinated right away if you want to.

2 Likes

Thanks, man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep second that. They will even sprout on the plant in rain. I have had them fall and volunteer sprout.

If you had a fresh batch that would not pop; then I would try a 3-4 week cold stratification. Before I considered them duds

3 Likes

what does stratification means? english is not my first language :grimacing: like putting them in refrigator or somewhere cold and…?

EDIT: damn, googled it. my bad :smiley:

2 Likes

Stratification=winter. Or cold days. Some seeds won’t sprout without it. Kiwis, strawberries, apples(most are cold stored all ready, but if you pick then yes).

1 Like

I was about to do that as I don’t know the word but assumed that is the meaning. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Growing started 3/2023, seeds available since 8/2022.
First few batches of ten tested for germination results.
NOT Impressive.2022 harvested seeds (and weed).
Probably from the Hermi invasion and summer orgy we experienced.
October seeds and weed, better. Strong seedlings since 11/1/2022.
Hate seed mining, but they are mine.
Jan 2023, Newest stud boys utilized for 2/14/2023, with my manual assisting pollination/fertilization with pollen and pollen pod transfers.

transfers and isolation. Those seed pods are growing.
He got cut down.
More pairs in development.

2 Likes

Yes, it is possible to germinate freshly taken marijuana seeds. However, like with other plant species, the time required for germination can vary depending on the specific strain of marijuana.

Generally, marijuana seeds can be germinated immediately after they are harvested, but it is recommended to wait until the seeds have fully matured before attempting to germinate them. Mature seeds are typically dark in color, hard, and have distinct markings or patterns on their outer shell.

The germination process for marijuana seeds is relatively simple. The seeds should be placed in a damp, sterile growing medium (such as soil or a seed-starting mix) and kept warm and moist. Many growers use a technique called paper towel germination, in which the seeds are placed between damp paper towels until they sprout. Once the seeds have germinated, they can be transplanted into a growing medium or hydroponic system.

Hey now seeds seeds why do you fall. Boy

1 Like