Polyploid plants have 2 sets of identical chromosomes, so some interesting growth occurs. Here are some pics if you’ve never seen one.
You can see in the pic of the structure that the plant has 2 mains. It isn’t from topping. It grew like that naturally. The main on the right is growing more dense than the other one. You can see that in one of the pics I took from the top (where it looks like too many branches/leaves all trying to grow out at once.
It’s hard to see in the pics, but the mains are structured like ribbon cables in that they are somewhat flat and very wide.
You can see in the pics too that there is growth coming out in all directions from the nodes. In some places leaves or branches are growing out randomly. I stuck a pen sized highlighter in for one pic so you could see how big the stalks are on the mains. The plant isn’t very old and is only about a foot tall at most.
Yeah. I’m concerned that the main shown on the right side isn’t going to be productive and am thinking about just cutting it off. Random stuff grows everywhere and she’s choking herself to death. The left side is growing 2 of everything, but that right side seems to be growing 4 or 6 of everything and is putting up random growth too.
I have not harvested yet. I’ve heard the same potentcy wise so I took a clone as well. It’s growing really weird. I contributed that to having a minor fungus gnat problem. Could have to do with genetics. I topped her because the top started curling. She seems to be growing good besides that. I’m moving her to the veg tent next week just to see what happens.
The only potential flowering site on the “bad” side that is so dense had no flowering sites other than at the very top of the plant. I cut that mass off of the top (essentially topping her) to encourage her to grow proper flowering nodes.
If she fails, then the right side will come off. We’ll see in a week or so.
You can see that the main is shaped like a piece of celery where I cut her. I’ve since put some honey on the wound to help her heal.