General hydroponics vs foxfarm nutrients vs other

In your opinion what nutes will be best for an outdoor soil grow? I was going to get ff trio but i heard generalH is better and i also heard of maxea but im confused on what to buy when it comes to that brand.

1 Like

I can’t talk about the others but I’ve only used the FF 3 liquid nutes and their 3 crystal powder nutes. I’ve had great luck so far. I know there is better so if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

1 Like

Why are you wanting to use liquid nutrients? If outdoors use good organic potting soil, preferably PH balanced for cannabis and add long release organic fertilizers like bat guano and worm castings. This is much less harsh on the plant.

1 Like

is ffof good soil for outdoors? and im using liquid nutes because i dont know better. wont i have to use nutes in the long run anyway? @Myfriendis410

1 Like

FFOF is perfect for outdoors. You can run into flower with nothing other than water. Adding a dose of fruit bat guano and worm castings with maybe some dolomite lime as a buffer would probably carry you all the way over the finish line. It can be top dressed on and allowed to be watered in over time.

1 Like

ok so im trying to grow around 12 autoflower plants out doors. i really need some guidance on how i should grow them. I know they will take around 100
days from seed to harvest. I want to make sure i understood correctly since this is my first grow. So should i do what you said below for my autoflowers?
im trying to get at least 1oz per plant. thank you for your time

1 Like

You want to shoot for a higher amount as you lose like 75% of the total weight once dry. What I thought was dry at 6.57oz in mason jars still went down to 3.32oz completely dry with a 62% RH Boveda packs.

Autos are a good choice if there is light pollution (streetlights etc).

Germinate the seeds and start them in something like a Solo cup (with lots of holes) and some nutrient free starting media like peat. The seeds don’t need anything for the first two weeks and you will likely burn them if going directly into soil. Once you have rooted seedlings and the weather is good; plant em in their forever home. If you want to get a jump on spring; start inside a month early before putting them out. Keep humidity high and be very sparing with water: cannabis does NOT like to be in wet soil. A dome or clear bag over the top can help but NOT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.

Then just stand back.

FYI: depending on strain you can pull as much as 10 oz from one plant.

1 Like

if you’re not the most experienced grower then Fox Farms is a great way to start, however, for outdoor grows you really should consider using a granular. Many of them are slow release and are specifically formulated to retain their integrity in a soil environment.
General Hydroponics is excellent for hydro and HIGHLY customizable, thus is better for individuals with a bit more experience. If you DO choose GH, follow the nutrient schedule and study your strain.
For my lab’s outdoor grow we use Coast of Main Stonington Blend Organic Plant Food granular with lobster, kelp and worm castings. Then we added some bloom boosters during the flowering phase to bulk up our buds. Our farm is in New England so our sunlight isn’t the greatest.

Where do you live that you’re starting an outdoor grow right now? What strain(s) are you growing? That’s actually my biggest concern right now. We’re moving into winter so I’m concerned that you’re not going to have enough sunlight for the veg phase. Are you starting your plants indoors and then moving them outside to bloom?

1 Like

try your hand at building a super soil using various organic options for NPK amendments and trace minerals. just make sure to mulch it and you should have some awesome results without having to deal with all the nutes… just plan ahead a bit making the soil to have it ready for when you are ready to plant in the outdoor containers.

1 Like