General Hydroponics Nutrients

Hey everyone,
First time grower here was looking for some help on GH nutrients feeding schedule. I bought the 10-part advanced system. I am growing in FFOF. I cant seem to find a full feeding schedule for a soil grow. Only been able to find hydro grow feed schedules. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Is this what you have?

1 Like

I found this on the General Hydroponics website. This is a hydro grow feed chart though i believe?

1 Like

Welcome to the community FFOF will not need nutrients for about 5 weeks

2 Likes

@Not2SureYet I’m most positive still uses GH nutes and has awesome results from it. Prolly one of the best guys to ask he is also super good with growing autos lol. I am or have been using the nutes on my Maui waui plant I got from Brian and so far she is looking fricken amazing. Lol. First plant I’ve grown that I cannot see the bottom get any kind of light thru lol. She is this and luscious looking

1 Like

Thanks @Mark0427 And welcome to the forum UncleV Unfortunately. I am clueless when it comes to using soil. @Myfriendis410 has used the GH in soil and did great. As for the rapid start. A lot like it but it was a plant killer for me. I normally feed a 1/4 strength when I start using any thing. I do know that in coco the GH works super good. Or I have had great luck with it. If you are doing autos. I would not feed more than half strength. After your first grow here. You will find your feed and learn a lot. I also use a chart I made. It is probably best to go by GH’s chart. But I started off not knowing about it and fed as I saw fit. It worked out great for me so I stayed with it. @neofirebird is great with GH also. But he is in hydro.
I will tag along :grin: I don’t know soil. But have decent luck with autos :+1:

2 Likes

Not to pile on but you can probably go easy on the nutes as expressed by Dirty Dave @UncleV . FFOF should run them all by themselves for a while. Could be too hot even. Keep in mind the nutrient companies are in the business of having you buy “more.” So keep the dosage low to start also. One quarter to one half perhaps the suggested. You may want to add more but mostly you can just add some molasses and/or some microbes if you want to kick start the “life in the dirt.” You will want meters in your toolkit to measure the runoff if you don’t have em already. And if you do…I have heard “from a friend” that its best to keep them calibrated. Finally, keep in mind that at the end you want the nutes used up or burned off as best you can without arresting the optimal growth. A thin path I still struggle with but the point being that unless you are pretty good at this you can end up with good looking weed that still tastes of the remaining chemicals, Some, but not all of which you may end up with even after flushing and a good dry and cure. So less is more. Unlike my note. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses everyone! I did email General Hydropnics. They said for soil they recommended the light to medium feed rates on there chart. Think ill start with the light rate maybe 1/2 the light rate and see how the girls respond and go from there. Another question. I am on well water it does have some sulfur in it and comes back around 240ppm from tap. Should i use calmag still or is there enough in the well water? Also i have a zero water filter should i use the filtered water instead or the well tap water is ok? seems to be working fine so far. Also for fyi i am growing 2 low ryder autos, 1 super skunk photo, and 1 og kush photo. In a 3x3 tent with 2 mars hydro ts600’s. Thanks everyone!! Hope to learn more as the process continues.

2 Likes

I’ve used both these before with good results.
I only use the trio and cal-mag, i dont use the extra boosters or flushing products…

1 Like