Gelato outside grow

I’ve been growing here and there for about 3-4 years now…I’ve recently started a gelato grow…seems like not much growing or just really slow but it is only week 2-3…any tips?

2 Likes

@MattyBear, @Myfriendis410, @Covertgrower, @repins12 is a good start. I’m nit good at identifying problems since I don’t experience them. Sorry this is all I have for help. :pensive:

Welcome to the community.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Those sprouts have the look of stunted/nutrient deficient plants due to cold temps, what are your low temps at night?

Also the soil looks like it has time release ferts in it, not good for marijuana growing.

1 Like

If your entire soil looks like that, bark wood, I’m guessing its too acidic.

And those pellets, as @Hellraiser pointed out, look to be time release ferts.

I would transplant into happy frog or Ocean Forest if you are looking for something readily available.

1 Like

Gelato, got feminized seeds from a seed bank…idk the ph dont have anyway to test…soil mixture of miracle grow and dirt from the ground just til they root the small pots they are in then they will be in ground and 2 in a 10gal pot each with foxfarm ovean forest…I’ve just been using tea water from my compost…nothing major a few fruits and scraps…such as egg shells and veggies…

2 Likes

As of right now 70 degree highs and 40 degree lows.crazy I kno. Planta come in at night while it still gets cold out at night… nothing else being done to them

1 Like

Yep, 40 degree lows are not going to work

1 Like

Yes I currently do now …trying everything to get them back going

1 Like

And in the mornings, don’t put them out if under 60.

1 Like

Ok, can stunted sprouts bounce back?

They can but it will be slow growing for a while. The cold is not allowing your plants to uptake nutrients, pretty much stops dong that under 58F. Need to keep them warm, and that type of soil is not helping.

1 Like

I hope they aren’t ruined…was really looking forward to be blessed by the gelato fairy

1 Like

They’ll recover if they’re stay warm.

2 Likes

I see so many of these that it’s tough to see your stats unless laid out in a way I can grok. I will say that unless you are monitoring your PH and TDS you will never reach the full potential of the genetics. My suspicion is your MG soil is around 3.5 PH and is producing a lockout so plants are starving. Without a PH meter though it’s impossible to know.

1 Like

I have some ocean forest that should be here I. A week or 2 that I’m a swoop out that MG with and hopefully they take off…if they survive til then