Gelato Auto Slowpoke won't flower

The reason people keep suggesting changing the light schedule (those suggesting dropping down to 12/12, anyhow) is because sometimes for autoflowers, the “auto” doesn’t kick in. It is a genetic trait and sometimes it doesn’t manifest in a specific phenotype. Your auto may never actually “auto.” It may require a 12/12 light schedule to induce flowering. It may also auto just fine whenever it feels like it, but many indoor growers just change their light cycle instead of waiting.

The reason you are seeing pistils is because a sexually mature plant will often show signs of sex before undergoing the flowering phase.

It isn’t for no reason lighting keeps coming up - it just has not been well-articulated.

5 Likes

@Graysin
Well said. ✓✓✓✓✓

2 Likes

Anything over 18 hours in a vegetative state leads to plants growing as males. If you want females then you need to use them under 18. The optimum is 14 hours. If you need to give them 20 hours, then you need a better grow light.
I don’t know who “most people are,” and I really do not know if you have any expertise in this field at all. You are just someone who walked into my thread and started giving strange unverified advice. So sorry I am not listening to you, and why don’t you just go away. Thanks in advance. By the way the other auto bloomed fine and has a very nice cola. You are just not reading the entire post. I also think the people who brought up genetics are right in this case. Also you are not my mother. If I don’t care about yield, why should you. Believe me I am not going to ask any more questions on this “forum.” Thanks again.

Not much honey in this particular bunny lol. Kinda feisty lol.

I do hope when she finally produces you get a great chillaxing bud. You need it. Good luck and happy growing. :+1:t2::seedling::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

At the risk of taking a beating I would love to assist. Just wanted to mention that saying auto and being auto 2 diff animals. My very best gg4 was ordered auto but turned out to be a photo. Vegged forever. Got suspicious and flipped to 12/12. Bang there she went. Cloned her 2 years.

3 Likes

:rofl::laughing::joy::wink:

2 Likes

This is the situation im facing right now. Have 2 bruce banner autos that are in their 6th or 7th wk of veg and no signs of preflower. Ive been thinking of switching to 12/12 to see if they are photos

2 Likes

Do it. Light switch wont hurt the auto at all really but if it is leaning to photo traits she will flower. I waited 3 months on the gg…lol.

2 Likes

Not correct. I have vegged plants on 24 hours for years and never had a plant change sex.

He went away, we made sure of it. Posts are definitely ill-advised and unsupported. Please don’t assume entire forum is like this because of one.

1 Like

Many places see 24 hours of light. I vegged my plants on a 24/0 schedule, and they flowered pretty easily on that schedule. I only switched to an 18/6 schedule to give my electric bill a break. I would advise doing your own research on autos. You will find that there’s nothing set in stone with this plant. I mean. I have two children and they’re total opposites. So, why wouldn’t plants act that way. Especially, a plant that was bred with another plant and then genetically modified to produce feminized seeds. If I read correctly. You stated you grew on a 10/14 schedule and was not going to change it. So, why even ask for any help? I just wished this thread was longer. I needed more :poop: time on the :toilet:.! I wish you well with your plants. But, you have been close minded from the word go!

3 Likes

Well,I put mine in 24hr dark and tomorrow they go on 12/12. These are the last autos I order. Photos from here on in😂

1 Like

@Storm Tomorrow makes a week since I flipped these 2 autos into a 12/12 light schedule. They still chugging along without any preflower.
Would it be safe to say they are autos and would it be safe to go back to my regular light schedule?
They have been showing their pistols for over 2 weeks. I might have to take my table out if they keep getting taller.

3 Likes

Keep on chugging 12/12. Can take 3 weeks of stretch. Stay rolling and she will start. Kinda thick…might want to free some airflow. Light defoliate. Only whas needed to open her up. If need to supercrop now is the time.

2 Likes

Looking healthy BTW.

1 Like

Thanks buddy

1 Like

They have a real obvious vertical stretch to em, though. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them really start to flower out in another 5-7 days. But @Storm is exactly right - it can take plants a good while to decide they’re ready to go.

2 Likes