Gelato Auto Slowpoke won't flower

There are 2 more posts on this issue: July 21, Huge Gelato Auto, Won’t Flower, and October 20, Fastbuds Auto… (etc.)
I bought Auto Blue Dream and Auto Gelato. I planted both on February 14th. The Blue Dream budded and this month started flowering. February to April. The Gelato has only “pre-flower” whisps but does not look like it is near to flowering.

I did treat them differently the BD is “christmas tree” style, while the Gelato was bent in the S shape, but at the time I started the LST, it also had not flowered while the BD was already flowering.

My question: Is Gelato Autoflower just a “slow” plant? I am not tossing it yet because it is female, but since other people have written posts about not flowering-- I am wondering if this is a type that grows great leaves but does not put out colas.

I am feeding it flowering fertilizer. I am also not going to do that check list because-- the logic of the situation is that BD is fine and got exactly the same care. I did buy the 10X10 seed pack so I have a lot of Gelato to grow and I want to get down to the bottom of this issue. I am hoping that this is answered by someone who KNOWS rather than a bunch of speculation. Thank you.

1 Like

Ive growing a couple gelato autos from ilgm and they do pretty good.

14 Likes

that is a massive hunk of a bud

2 Likes

Check this out @beachglass these both are gelato auto from ilgm they grew the same from seed like they were twins.

4 Likes

That’s not the point. Thanks for showing off your plants. That is not helpful to me at all.

1 Like

very nice!!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why would u toss a plant because it’s slow? If it’s an auto taking it’s time that’s great! It usually means it’s still vegging and making more bud sites. Do you have any pics of the plant @Honeybunny ?

4 Likes

Welcome to the community ! most autos will start flowering between 4 to 7 weeks but occasionally you will get a stubborn one. What is your light schedule ? If you’re on 18/ 6 I would cut lights to 12 /12 Schedule. That will usually get it done. On the positive side you’re going to end up with a bigger plant. Good luck

4 Likes

I grow Autos on a 12/12 only and mine usually flower around the 30th day above soil. But I had two plants that was Regular seeds and after 2 months of not flowering I pulled them. Set my growing cycle way behind schedule.

2 Likes

Some autos simply just take longer to flower its not necessarily a bad thing as most people complain about autos flowering to quickly also genetics can play a big role in this as well some autos are bred by crossing photoperiods to autoflowers some seeds will take on characteristics of the photoperiod side and some will take more characteristics of the autoflower realistically there can be multiple factors that play into this issue if you want to call it a issue

2 Likes

That’s today’s picture. It was bent into an “S” shape and has 6 to 7 colas. It was planted on February 14. It is the end of the 11th week. Only some very early “white threads” are showing. So there is some flower action. Lights: It is on 10 off, the rest on.

Can’t help the Light. I’d need to buy another house. It gets 10 off 14 on. Something like that.

Thanks. That is why I am asking. If it is no big problem, I am good with that. It is in its 11th week and only vague signs of flowering. (a few little whispy white things). I am a beginner and do not have an expensive setup. Just the corner of a room and a grow light.

There is a guy up there who would say, “Don’t pull it just because it is slow.” I’m not rich. $5.00 per seed is still a bit pricy, seed-wise. This company says they are not sketchy, and their seeds should be good. I would have bought seeds from a “not” top-rated source if I wanted sketchy seeds that you needed to pull. I do not think I am doing anything wrong because the Blue Dream bud is massive (for an auto) and very nice and this one got the same treatment.

This is the most helpful reply so far. I will wait and see what is happening. As I said, I checked out other forums and so on, and one person said that his gelato auto took 90 days, not 2 months-- I’m fine with this. I was hoping I would get someone who knew the facts.

(I can’t even log into ILGM for some reason. It doesn’t recognize my log-in info even though I’ve bought seeds from them).

I grew autos in a chilly basement in the winter. Slowed everything down considerably. 15 weeks until harvest.

The good thing for you is they will eventually flower and be ready for harvest

3 Likes

As mentioned above you can switch your light to 12/12 cycle and it will 100% go into flower at that point some times these plants do what they want we can only control so much also when you buy seeds and it says that they are a 70 day strain from seed to harvest is only a vague window of when that plant can finish all phenos have different times of when they start flower and when they finish some will take longer periods of time and some will take shorter periods of time no 2 seeds will ever be the same

1 Like

I used to not pull slow growers. I had one plant after 30 days it was only a couple inches tall. Under HLG lights so not cheap ones. She ended up past 7 feet tall. Strain? Blue Dream.

I don’t give up on a seed unless its guarantee on DOA aka dead on arrival.

1 Like

Thanks. Nice and warm here. 78.8 F. It was colder in Feb. I am just going to assume that they are going to produce buds.

1 Like

Okay. Vast ocean of knowledge, I can tell.

1 Like