GE Par 38 LED bulbs

One huge thing i’ve found is using panels to hit under the canopy, searched ebay for reflective panels…so much difference

1 Like

Unfortunately plants don’t absorb much light from the bottoms of their leaves. Not worth the effort.

1 Like

Sure they do, fattens up the bottom buds, why waste light?

Flower in general doesn’t require light; only the leaves produce enough sugar to be useful. Lots of folks have tried it and you’ll notice nobody is doing it now. If you believe it works for you then by all means go ahead.

@jdm61 sorry for this; the post went somewhere else: right here.

1 Like

Anything green photos

A couple things really. First of all, the mid power platform is more electrically efficient than cob platform. This is nearly across the board, as even cree has mid power packages that are better than their cobs. Secondly, it’s more complicated than saying cree anything vs Samsung anything. Both manufacturers have flux bins on their leds. If you buy from hlg you’re getting top flux bin available, as to where any of the optic products you’re not really sure what bin you’re getting from cree. And the last major difference is that you’re getting more diffuse light source with any of the pcb products over a chip on board styled light. By design that provides greater penetration and more even light density levels.

3 Likes

Are the 65, 100, 165 watt units the same quilty as the265 and 300?

1 Like

Well kinda. They vary some, there are even different versions of the 260 kits. But I don’t believe there are many huge gaps in performance from their offerings. Most of the specs are kinda there in one way or another.

1 Like

Little update. Things seem to be going okay. with Little Miss Blueberry. I am at like 15 days from dropping the seed in a glass of water to germinate (that took 3 days plus one to pop out, so 11 or so days above ground) and the plant is getting its fourth set of leaves and the 4 and 5th lobes are coming in on the third set. I am even seeing some purple in the stems of the leaves. And that is with only like 2 hours of daylight on Tuesday and like 1 hour yesterday. So far, so good.

Yeah, I saw the different kits for the HLG stuff with the 3000K. 3500K, 4000K and their special sauce version. Depending on the tent size, i am inclined to look at the 135 or 160 watt for a 2 x 2.5 and one of the 260 variants for a 2 x 4. Any reason you recommend the XL version over the regular sized 260 platform?

For a 2x4, absolutely. The board spacing is further, more suitable for 2x4 space.

1 Like

Another update. The little plant has been in the ground two weeks tomorrow. She popped up above the surface two weeks ago this Sunday. She is currently 5 inches tall and her 4 sets off leaves are formed and like1.25 inches long. That all happened yesterday and today. The fifth set is peeking out. What I am also getting are new little leaves growing form the base of the stems on like the first and second leaves. the first couple fo days,I had her outside for some of the day and by the window the rest. She was under a two liter soda bottle outside. I got the first one of these GE lights maybe 9 days ago and the second one the day before starting tin this thread. They certainly seem be working in the veg mode.I removed the aluminum relectro hoods from the clamp lights because they just got in the way andthewse lights don’t really seem like they reflector helps. I had he for out in direct sunlight for 3 hours today. I try to get a minimum two hours. So far so good.These bulbs really don’t give off much heat at all. It remains to be seen if this might be the $60-70 solution that actually works. Interesting first grow no matter what,

2 Likes

So here she is. Not too shabby for a jury rigged grow with stuff from Target and Home Depot.She had just come inside from a two hour sunbath.

4 Likes

Honestly I bought the same bulb myself out of curiosity. I used to smoke, not so much anymore. I’m on leave from work right now and got bored so I decided to make a build. But like a legit mini single plant greenhouse lol. Making it from wood and all. Full ventilation and filtering system with a hybrid solid/hydro grow system as well. Just because why tf not lol. More than likely whatever grows when the seeds get here I’ll experiment or just smoke the family that smokes out when I feel like it. I’m just trying to keep myself busy. I’m building a 2’x2’x6’, so it should be interesting lol. My brother said I was crazy for wasting my money like this…cause so far I’m at about $400 or so…still gotta figure out if I wanna use glass or plexiglass…and also if I’m going full artificial light or saying fuck the bulb and going outdoors in which then I gotta add more to the build to make it a lot more…discreet…lol. I even designed it on a CADS software as well as a possible 12’-16’x8’x8’ greenhouse to grow other shit like veggies or start fruit trees. Back to you though, I’m looking forward to updates on your plant, best of luck. And just remember. Not everyone does this as a job or like a way of living. There’s other like me who are just doing it cause why not try to see what happens. Personally, if I only got an oz or two out of a plant…I wouldn’t care. More than what I started with. But I’m sure with my brain and resources I can do something far more stupid lol. Again, wish you and your plant the best man, nothing but positive vibes :blush:

Also I am aware that this was two years ago, I’m still curious on what happened with said plant and what you ended up deciding to do with the lights.