GDP to start the new year

I experienced same thing on my last run with the Autopots, coco, botanicare nutes. ( 1st time using the Autopots) Where as my other grows being soil, drain to waste coco, hand fed coco and dwc had zero issues. Im running the Autopots again now with Jacks for Tap this time. Just turned rez on last night. We’ll see what happens

2 Likes

Looking fantastic

Did you start a new journal or keeping the Cooter Grows …journal going?

I have to admit I am a little baffled by how the medium reacts to the combination of Jack’s nutrients, advanced nutrients supplements, and microbes. Because I check runoff on the one in the tent I have managed to keep its pH in check. While on the other hand, autopots being autopots, I have let things take its course. So I have to deal with it now.

2 Likes

Yea same ongoing journal , multiple setups Cooters Grows

2 Likes

Do i have an issue here or is this normal? I believe this usually happens near the end of flowering but i just wanna check. These have turned out way better than i expected or was prepared for.

5 Likes

spindly legs and heavy buds will do that.

2 Likes

Are the leaves good or do i have a deficiency?

When did you flip? Trying to know how far into flower she is.
Some of what I see is more than likely age related. Just like us things wear out. It is common for a plant to loose it lower leaves. The upper leaves are canoeing with a good amount of tip burn. The canoeing can be caused by low humidity, high temps or from being too close to the light. Tip burn, may also be an indication of the last two or also related to high nutrient load.
Do any of these apply? I’m thinking lights and temps caused by lights.
There may be some minor remedial actions that can be taken but based on your answers about flowering age, they will probably be ineffective. Lets see if we can, with the help of others @Storm @SilvaBack203 @Borderryan22 @CooterJuice @BobbyDigital @Tylersays @Fieldofdreams , bring this girl home.

2 Likes

Shes been flowering for a long time. Temperature is usually around 80 degrees with humidity being between 40-47%. Didnt keep a journal as this is my first ever grow. And being in NY the weather has played a factor. These were started the last week in January.

This was

April 17th

1 Like

I grow every time in those temps and Rh. No choice, but also grow some good bud. This morning its 82 with 45%Rh.

1 Like

I do try to up the Rh to around 50+ with a container of water with a face cloth hanging out to ad some Rh to the tent if needed.

1 Like

The leaves are done. Not much recovery left. I would stake the buds up…check trichomes. If 90% cloudy yank her. She looks like a prime candidate for some rot. Other wise you are so far along no reason to worry. Check close for rot. She is eating her fans. You made it. I personally think you are in harvest window for this particular plant. Just me. If not now then week or so.

3 Likes

Thanks for helping out @Audiofreak @Storm
From 4/17 to today 7/2 is 76 days. The 4/17 bud picture shows she is well into actual flowering stage. Possibly a week or a little less. This would put flip at close to 90 + days. The calendar is saying she should be ready. The upper buds and aging condition also say to cut her. Hope you didn’t make plans for this weekend. Congratulations.

5 Likes

Damn shes flowering 4 a bit huh. They have you covered i really think your lady done check trichomes

3 Likes

7/2 I decided to flush the autopots. Just finished putting 24+ liters through each. The last runoff each came in at 6.2 and ppm of 300. The initial pH was 6.4 and ppm 1500+. Hoping this will set them straight through harvest.
It was easy to do. Cut the mason line and free them of any tie downs. My wife slid the rack under the pot while I lifted it up. Teamwork you know.

I will top feed them a regular serving of Jack’s, add some Cal-Magic and tribus.

Enjoy the extended weekend.

10 Likes

@beardless i believe you’ve covered it perfectly and @BigCountry412 is looking at a chop hereabouts.

When you do cut her I’d be interested in an update on your roots. Expanding the image down to your container looks like really wet soil. How’s the drainage in your tote?

2 Likes

@BigCountry412 along the same lines I’m thinking the biggest improvement you can make in the next grow is to use anything but a hard plastic pot. They simply do not let the root mass and soil breath and drain like other types. I use and like the fabric pots from 247 Garden. The Rain Science mesh bags are exceptional but costly.

4 Likes

Awesome info you all. I appreciate it very much ill check the tricomes and keep you all updated. My outside plants are coming along good but i did notice these spots yesterday.

2 Likes

It looks like something is munching on the small leaves center left. Are you using anything to keep bugs at bay?
Yellow leaves - will need more info - the basics
soil
nutrients
feed & water pH & ppm