Gdp scrog or no scrog

Hi All,

So I have 4x4 tent with 4 Granddaddy Purple plants. This is my first grow and so far so good. They are at about the 9 week mark and I’m getting ready to flip to 12/12 on the lights. I have been reading about going with the SCROG but wasn’t sure if I really need it or not for these? I just did a little more LST to try to even out the canopy. The girls have filled the tent pretty good. I’m not looking for a record crop on my first go around just want to get the most out of what I have. Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

3 Likes

Not sure about that strain but a lot of plants will double in size when you flip to 12/12. If you can fill your space with buds than no need to scrog. Either way, you may need something to hold the buds up. Looks like your tent is pretty full. Great job on keeping it all together. :+1:t2: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’re going to fill that tent IMO, I would SCROG. I would recommend reading this for tips. Even more so since its about flipping to flower stage too. Well done, great work!

https://ilgmforum.com/t/hellraiser-grows-gorilla-glue-and-other-stuff-part-5/47438/56?u=zee

3 Likes

just my 02 but, It looks like you are way past the point of being able to scrog. It should be done about mid veg so you can bend each branch over for a some what flat screen. However. You can use a net for support like in the link. You are definitely going to have a full tent there. :grin: Every thing looks great :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, I just use the screen to support and separate - like a bra for buds LOL so the top colas don’t fall over in late flowering, easier than tying them up later, once and done.

7 Likes

@Hellraiser, I do the same here and there. I have for gone the scrog on a couple plants thinking they were going to stay small. Then had them grow 3 more feet. :angry: I keep 2 of those nets around. I use them in my tents for drying too. Pretty useful little units :grin: Is the link there to your current grow? I see you here but haven’t stumbled across yours yet :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, that link is the last part of my current grow, had to keep creating new threads part 2,3,4, and finally 5 because of website pic posting problems, which seems to have gotten fixed.

1 Like

Thank you all for the feed back. I will put them in even if it’s just for support this time around. Next grow I will be better setup.

2 Likes

I would have something holding up each cola if your not planning on scrogging method IMO. I have 2 GDPs both week 5 flower almost 6 week flower I have scrogged them and it’s still thriving.

2 Likes

@GreenThumb101 Do you have any pics of your grow?

1 Like

I’ve grown ilgm gdp multiple times. It doesn’t do a lot of stretching if the light is good.
4 plants in a 4’x4’ is going to get tight. I wouldn’t waste time Scrog-ing. Flip them sooner or later.

1 Like

I like that :joy:
You can also train your plants not to need a net, by strengthening branches through micro breaks…

3 Likes

Yes I do give me a few and I’ll post pics of it. I would recommend an affordable co2 bag like exhale. Ever since I put one up I’ve seen difference like my GDPs are thriving way more. @PAW_420

1 Like

GDP not going to lie my humidity when lights on is at 72% which is horrible since I put a auto GG4 in other tent where GDPs are flowering. Both are week 6 flower. @PAW_420

2 Likes

Well First attempt at a SCROG. Also first Lolloping but either way they ladies go to 12/12 in the am. Wish me luck.

If you see anything I should change or do a bit different I would love some feed back.

Thank you!!

6 Likes

Good vibes and good luck :v:

Your doing good? Just keep tucking tops of plants in first set of scrog net like make a green blanket kind of so no light gets wasted and so basically every part of plants is getting light. When you set your second scrog net up that’s usually to help hold colas up when plants start flowering. Your GDPs are looking really good and healthy! They look like how my GDPs looked in that stage!

4 Likes

Thanks, I have the second net ready to go when they get to that point. Can’t wait to watch the transformation.

3 Likes

Awesome job! You got this! Have you already flipped to 12/12?

1 Like