GDP feminized seeds grew seeds!

So my Grand Daddy Purple feminized girls went to seed. This is the first time this has happened to me. Is the weed even going to be worth smoking? The buds are full of seeds

1 Like

Sure. It is only gonna be a pain in the @ss dealing with the seeds. Must have either hermied or there is a male plant nearby(within a mile or so).
I would try growing the seeds to see what is up and if they are worth keeping. Possible they are genetically the same as the parent plant (ie: strain, feminized).

Gotta watch out for these buggers. (nanners)
They hide in the bud and are hard to see sometimes.
This is magnified.

5 Likes

I don’t mind seeded weed.
It doesn’t take much for me to be happy so seeds, no seeds is only a puff or two different.
Any idea what happened?

4 Likes

I have absolutely NO idea how it happened??? Don’t I need a male plant to get seeds? I had 2 girls together not males. I always buy the feminized seeds and never had the seed issue before
Thanks for your assist!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m going to see if they will grow. I just had 2 girls in the closet and didn’t even see the seeds until I started smoking it. Gobs and gobs of seeds!

3 Likes

Turn it into edibles or press it.

2 Likes

There was very little without seeds back in the day. At least on the east coast. While not optimal, a little more cleaning and a pop in the face here and there never killed anybody. :rofl:

3 Likes

I never knew that there was a thing of no seeds until a friend shared some smoke that had no seeds. At that time I couldn’t afford that kind of smoke. hahaha :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hahaha - my first with no seeds was a strain called “purple-hair.”

1 Like

Never forget your first I guess, hahahaha

1 Like

Sometimes I wish I’d get just a couple. I’ve grown for years, and only found 1 seed. Ironically it was on a GDP.

2 Likes

I would at least grow one to see if the same thing happens. If not you have gdp fems

2 Likes

Guess that’s the only thing to do? Thx for replying

I thought I may like to grow some seeds but there are gobs of them!!! Thx for your comment

Haha well this purple strain sure surprised me! Thx for your reply

This was my 4th grow and the first time this has happened

Maybe never killed anyone BUT sure did make packing a bowl a new experience for me. Takes awhile to pull all the seeds out before I can light it up

2 Likes

I don’t believe this was supposed to happen to my girl

I’ll try to grow from these “surprise” seeds I guess but wasn’t really satisfied with the weed as far as “buzz” goes. Hate to waste my grow space of this strain whatever it is. It sure does have the THC content that WW did/does

Thx for your suggestion. I may make oil out of the whole harvest

1 Like