GDP, Black Widow, Purple Kush, Purple Haze

Hlg has better products than California lightworks. You probably have pretty suitable light levels for a 3x3 with the lights currently in use. Unless you want to increase efficiency or coverage simply buying a different light probably isn’t going to make a huge difference in your grows.

2 Likes

I didnt think so i jus wanna try something new i guess… What i really wanna do is get some suprr soil n mix it with a batch of happy frog or roots or oceans etc n transplant one of my ladiez into it an see how they grows without bottled nutes juz soil

1 Like

I really like roots original. It’s not going make a complete grow from start to finsh. But is excellent base for mixing a super soil or over the top of a super soil. FF products less desirable in my opinion.

@dbrn32 yea i started with fox farms n had great results but now that im trying out other soils an companies,etc.im finding out better products. An yes i like roots original so far n has lots of perlite!.!.! Nice… I wanted to ask you or maybe someone can help me out. I have this prodct marphyl phytoplankton an it has npk plus calmag … I thought it was a fertilizer but found out its a soil enhancer… I kno its its a 1:20 ratio when watering byt im unsure of when to use it, if i even need it??

It’s definitely sold as a fertilizer. I think would depend on what if anything you are using with. Im not sure what final npk is, so would just refrence instructions on bottle.

Marphyl phytoplankton

• NITROGEN 1900 ppm 0.19%
  • PHOSPHORUS 9.6 ppm 0.00096%
  • POTASSIUM 314 ppm 0.0314%
  • CALCIUM 420 ppm 0.042%
  • BORON 5.3 ppm 0.00053%
  • IRON 4.3 ppm 0.00042%
  • MAGNESSIUM 1360 ppm 0.136%
1 Like

How does it suggest to use it?

1teasooon per liter once every week or 2 but do you thimk this b better for flower or vegw??

2 Likes

I suspect this is intended to be used with other products from them. I wouldn’t like that npk ratio for flower. And imo is really not that great for veg, but more along this side of things.

Is 0-52-34 a good ratio for npk?

1 Like

For flowering yes i use beastie blooms 50-30 n flower fuel 1-34-32

1 Like

Yea after i got it an read up on other things i found i dont need it…altho i was looking into tribus micros n azos beneficial bacteria had great results with azos never used tribus microbial tho really wanna try that… I have seen the benefits using this fish shit an molasses n its awesome i also added some humic acid, dry kelp,alfalfa meal, an azomite to soil of Gdp’s an purple haze n black widow then pour some molasses an fish shit on top… I think im going use florabloom for nutes if needed with beastie blooms for the gdp’s n ilgm flowertime with flower fuel for my black widow n purple haze… I kno its vetter to stick with 1 nutrint line but i barely use nutes until flower an i jus top dressed my plants with this soil i bin xooking past month n half it has subcools charge pack mixrd with some fish bone meal azomite etc that i added bein i had 3 times the soil needed for the pack… But i do eventually wanna try subcools the right way 1.5 cubit ft roots organic 5lbs worm castin n 1 charge oack i also wanna try Earth dust @MeEasy uses it an has some awesome plants n buds… I wasnt to keen on having to wait for more soil to sit n cook but it seems o so worth it… So going get Earthdust Wensday order it wensday

@dbrn32 @MeEasy @Low @Underthestairs @Hellraiser @Randy_Marsh @SilvaBack203
Hey so i was checkin my plants an notice my one gdp looked light green… So i gave so top dress on a mix i made but i think i had way to much soil n not enough amendments but anywah so i gave some floramicro an bloom… I measured ppms an Ec on one plant say 1740 E.C after few mins an ppm 8700
The other plant said 1015-1515 ppm an e.c was 2030-3030 … I have no idea what im doin when its comes to this stuff always waited so long an then gave nutes n if i burned i would jus flush but i wanna learn to better monitor n feed plants an kno whrn to feed an when not too.

Some of those numbers are way crazy but if you are growing in living soil using dry amendments the numbers are going to be higher than when using synthetic nutes. I try to never get runoff and never test it when I do matter of fact I pour any runoff into another plant or back into the same one the next day. I don’t know your soil mix or what nutrients you are using but with dry amendments like this it takes a week or more for what you do today to make any changes in your plants. If you need instant help it’s best to supplement with a foliar spray, i don’t use any so I’m not 100 on making the mix but I’m sure you could Google and find a thousand recipes where you make a watered down tea

1 Like

I think it’s best to make a schedule for feeding and with dry amendments it starts right away because it does take a long time for the microbes to process the materials and turn it into usable food for your plants. I feed my soil and cook it (leave sit to make food) for a minimum two weeks before I plant in it

1 Like

MeEasy got more good advice here than I can expand on.

2 Likes

I currently use tribus, but the others seem to be competitive and capable products. I know if you follow impellobio on social media they usually have a special available a couple times a year. I think is also woth checking on dosing when comparing price. Some may go a lot further than others.

Yea i was on impellio n yea tribus an mammoth p i really wanna try… @MeEasy yea i top dressed with a soil i had added subcools charge pack too an fww other amendments but i think i had to much soil n noy enough amendments reason y i used the ec meter n tested run off i usually jus let my ladies do they thing n i ph the water i give them… sometimes…!! Lol but yea i topdressed the heck outta black widow n purple haze hoping the super soil i made works… An my GDP"s Im given them floramicro an florabloom … I

2 Likes

No :heart: … I’ve found a simple product that is a premix of all organic dry amendments in two bags you mix some of the 1st in your soil allow it to cook for 2-4 weeks and plant then one week before you go to 12/12 you top dress with some of bag two and then one more top dressing a month later. The rest is water and watching it’s called Earth Dust and I get it from a small co out of Oregon if you’re interested just search for " thegreensunshineco "

1 Like