GDP Auto- To Keep or Kill?

@Docnraq, good eye. I only have a box fan, but getting an oscillating fan soon. Had recently turned it from 1, to speed setting 2 of 3. Had no idea that fan burn was a thing, honest thought it was from light burn and been raising lights up everyday. And next water, no nutes, just tap pH of 6.5 and ppm 100-200?? Should I water until it runs off this time to check the ppm and pH?

1 Like

New Setup

1 Like

Oh by the look of them you won’t needa jewelry loupe for a little while

@Mr_Wormwood was referring to Graysin’s comment about the scope. I know I’m going to need one soo for flower phase when time to harvest. :blush:

@Mr_Wormwood and @Graysin, Any one from Amazon will do the trick though? Any recommendations or just get one with 10-15 mag

2 Likes

I’ve got a nice one from when I worked in a print shop so I’ve never shopped for one for weed but most people here get the cheaper one that you stick in your eye like a monocle :face_with_monocle:

Or you could get the usb microscope that many here have started using
When my buds get to that point I’ll probably get one as they sho so much more detail

I probably will opt in for the same, and I’m sure some have recording capabilities. Would be cool to go back and watch the filmed footage!

Also noticed that the stigmas on one plant are going orange already. Abnormal or possible just GDP genetics?

1 Like

If you have concerns of nute burns or lockout, yes. The ph will tell you what nutes if any are locked out and the ppm will tell you how much nutes are in the soil. Don’t worry about washing out your nutes or anything only water till 10% runoff, you won’t loose that much and the info gained is priceless. 10% runoff for a gallon of water is a cup and a half to give you an idea of how much runoff your looking at. You could do a 1:1 soil slurry and not wash out any if that seems a better plan. Growers choice ya know :smile:

1 Like

Could also be a tad over heated (early brown pistils)

The damage looks a bit like leaf miners to me. Id search over n under every leaf inch by inch. Tiny buggers

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74, pardon the pun, but it’s been hot as hell lately, it’s about 90 out in VA right now and uncertain of next move to control climate. Trying to avoid buying an expensive mobile A/C unit, but if heat is causing these type of problems, I might have to reconsider.

1 Like

Uncertaint on how to do a soil slurry, but will most definitely research later this evening. Pretty wet still from last feeding, but going use straight tap next watering 6.5 ph with 100-200 ppm and check that run off. Just hoping it’ll be ok until then, that nasty yellow is trying to take over the plant, bit by bit. Two questions.

1. Should I do this with all 4, just to check them as well
  2. Can it wait a few days, Wednesday at earliest? Or is it best to go ahead and do it now. Just watered and feed them a nice bit yesterday.

Sorry for all the questions, freaking out a bit over here :sob::confounded:

2 Likes

Just checked, another plant is now getting the yellowing as well. My heart says burn, because the yellow, but does look like a few have some tiny holes in them, which makes me think bugs now!

I have a bottle of bug blaster I made. Bought from ILGM store with nutrients. Can I just spray that on plant tonight, top to bottom?

1 Like

Again growers choice. I suggest doing your worst plant. If that one is all out of whack then consider doing it to the others. In the future, record in and out, every time. It will save you from more intrusive efforts, the slurry is invasive, like a colonoscopy.

It’s super great when you can just do the same to each plant and they all react the same. It’s also super rare (at least super rare to read about).

Can’t answer that one. I’d say, gotta do what you gotta do. I wouldn’t think they will keel over and die in 24 hrs.

I didn’t see where it was confirmed you had a bug issue… don’t spray if you don’t have too, but if a pro here said you should, I’d do it.

Don’t.
Don’t be sorry AND don’t freak out! Your golden growmie. Carry on!

2 Likes

My one girl had these very similar spots. I dosed it with cal mag then about a week or so later had no more issues

2 Likes

I’ve seen people talk quite well about Cal Mag, never really looked into it though. I’m assuming to purchase some and start of with 1/4 to 1/2 of the bottles recommended dose and watch for changes?

And should I just give it the cal mag mixed with 6.5 pH water, or feed as normal and then add the cal mag mix on top?

2 Likes

I don’t mix my nutrients I give cal mag in one feeding then continue every other feeding till problems go away. I still use my other nutrients but will feed them on the third day after the cal mag then on the next third day it’s cal mag and so on. Some others may mix but not me

2 Likes

Yup 1/2 a tablespoon to start out sounds like plenty to me. As stated above try not to overreact. Changing too many variables at once will go downhill quickly and leave u chasing ur tail.

The slight burn is fine. We call it painting fingernails around here. A tad over Nitrogen’d. Wont hurt them one bit

3 Likes

@NitroGrow Thanks bro. They have a bottle on Amazon for $40! Going to overnight it and give her some in 2 days, which will make day 3 from feeding.

@PurpNGold74, I’m very much a natural worrier lol so there is no stopping that. But thanks for the reassurance, feel a little better knowing “to chill out” and thy will bounce back with this magical elixir! Will dose her up on Wednesday and pray for the best!

2 Likes

They are a very hardy plant can bounce back and give you a nice yield! But you do not have that big of issue. Nothing really to worry about

2 Likes

Thank you all, for real. I can sleep a little better until Wednesday now!

Bug blast tonight and Cal Mag Feed on Wednesday!

Will keep you all posted!

1 Like