GDP Auto- To Keep or Kill?

My man, that did the trick I believe. Trying with this message now. Also, pics/post from 7-21-21 posted below. ILGM advised I posted to much and gave me a 16 hour hold time before posting yesterday. More pics from today coming shortly.

General Update: Temp have been running a bit high due to grow conditions, especially with new light that generates about 10-15 degrees extra to grow room. In VA and has been hot lately. Averages from about 78-90 F!!! Hoping that by harvest, the weather temps will drop down. Plants seem to flourish and thrive regardless. Still in pursuit of a method to drop temps down to AT LEASTa consistent 80F, but ideally around 70-75 Fahrenheit. Keeping closet door cracked during day to combat heat. Will start watering Thursday’s or Friday with Growtime Fert when the soil dries a bit more from yesterday’s watering. My champ, Number 1 is doing outstanding!

3 Likes

Good job :+1:

1 Like

Journal Update for 2-22-21

Plants seem to be growing rapidly still under new light, with my champion, #1 making great strides day after day. At this point, Im rather happy with the progression, but can’t help to wonder how far along my pants would have matured if I was using the Spider Farm lights from the moment that I planted my seeds. Nevertheless, it’s here now and with the support of a kick ass ILGM community behind me!

—BUGS—
All is well other than combating a small case of insect. As the sun sets, the pesky little buggers notice the bright light through the crack of my closet door and are almost immediately drawn to it. Although they are growing in an outdoor closet, I’m begin to realize what was suppose to be an “indoor” grow, is now an outdoor grow. I’ve placed a bug zapper in the room and have a tennis rack version arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to smack em all to their much deserved graves. I’ve also noticed Occasionally, the tinniest white creature crawling around in my soil, but the plants don’t seam phased by it. No plant discoloration, nor any holes in the plant to indicate they are suffering an infestation. Consider applying some Bug Blaster that I got from ILGM, but will continue to monitor the situation before making any rash decisions.

—Watering—
My last water was a couple of days ago, a bit before starting this thread. With the high temp in the room, I check the soil every time I enter and exit from checking in my champs. I last overwatered a bit in attempt to raise the room humidity, but the weather had other intentions and is hanging around. The soil is fairly damp still under the first layer of soil, so holding off on watering for another day or so. Excited to swap over to Growtime Fert, but I feel it’s best to be patient and make a mistake of under-watering vs overwatering. They seam ok for the moment. :relieved:

—Humidity—
Today work shift was quite busy and I did not have much time to dedicate to the plants as they normally receive. When taking my progress photos for the day, I noticed my RH has dropped extremely low, down to 37%! NOT GOOD! Considering buying something such as [This (Amazon Link)](neofeel Cooling Fan 5000mAh Portable Air Conditioner with 3 Wind Speed Portable AC 800ml Tank Battery Operated Air Cooler for Home and Office White… Amazon.com) but exploring other options before deciding otherwise. I figured it can cool the room somewhat AND increase humidity, but it just feels like a unreliable purchase (and quite small looking).

—Progress Pics—
Last but not least, the pics from today I took after work. The first 2 pics are of my champ, number 1. The following two pics are plant #2, followed by number 3 and 4, respectively.

3 Likes

Hello my favorite grow family, long time no see. Life has been a bit busy and have not posted for a bit, but back with a quick update and quick question.

Over all, everything is going great. Plants have been thriving and excelling without any major issues. They are now getting the Bergman’s Growtime Fert, full strength recommend dose from the site. They love this stuff.

I have noticed 2 things. The first, it appears that my youngest plants are excelling in growth what appears to be fast than my oldest plant, #1. I’m ok with that and think they will have a higher yield, compared to the first two that sprouted first. You can notice a bit in the pics bellow.

Also, two leaves on my #1 I’ve noticed to have become somewhat “stuck”, for a lack of better words. They look like they want to spread out and extend, but the are hanging onto the middle leaf

Assuming they will grow out of it, but wanted a second opinion on that. @HarleyBarby @HMGRWN and @Mr_Wormwood @DMD @dirtydave , any thought? Also, some progress photos below!

3 Likes

Keep! Always keep. Lady Marijuana will be displeased if you toss out otherwise healthy plants.

1 Like

@BuzzedLightyear420 check the actual law. My state has a limit on “mature” aka flowering plants, not how many plants between the seedling and veg stages I can have. This seems sort of wild to think about, but in all technicality I can very legally own 100 mother plants and only flower 6 at a time. This information may or may not be useful with autos, and may or may not apply to your state - but some states were kinder than others with their legal definitions.

2 Likes

PS - they look great. My autos are “slow to start” too but I’m in hydro so I was able to take a good look at the looooong roots - your girls are doing the same thing, spending their energy building up that massive root system so they can burst upward overnight.

1 Like

Some states are loose with their terminology. For example, AZ allows 6 plants per adult in house but limits possession amounts of flower to 2oz’s. I did 5 plants first run and got half a lb, you would have to have all your plants only a foot tall to come up with 2 oz’s outta 6 plants.

5 Likes

Oh that’s wild @Docnraq - Ours was written very liberally - “if the person does not exceed the maximum number of cannabis plants, the person may possess the cannabis produced by the cannabis plants notwithstanding any weight limits.” In plain English - if you grow it with only 6 plants, it’s still legal.

1 Like

I’ve decided I will keep them going at this point. They seam much happier with new lights and growtime feed from seedling feed.

I’m in VA and laws just took into place this month. Positive they will at some point make changes, but seams as if it’s a strict 4 per household, regardless of the maturity. Lol I would love to drop another two, but am going to abide by regulations. Going to run som Gorilla Cookies Autos on my next batch and super exited for those!

3 Likes

Looking really good, nice and bushy. Very healthy looking. Whatever you are doing keep doing it!

Those weird leaves are nothing to worry about imo

2 Likes

Liberally is a very accurate way of putting it. AZ is a pretty conservative place

3 Likes

Regarding the leaves being “stuck”, I’m assuming they will do there thing and pop with growth. Is this normal??? Assumed it possibly happened because of new vertical growth and took lights up a few inches more yesterday. Probably going to measure distance again today (24 inches from top). Will see how that does.

1 Like

Thanks brother and thanks for dropping in. Had a feeling they are ok, but prefer to be overly cautious!

And let us all hope they can fast track this federal push and that it’s fully decriminalized. That’s the day America will truly be great again!

7 Likes

I’m in VA and laws just took into place this month. Positive they will at some point make changes, but seams as if it’s a strict 4 per household, regardless of the maturity. Lol I would love to drop another two, but am going to abide by regulations. Going to run som Gorilla Cookies Autos on my next batch and super exited for those!

Yeah I just took a look - sure is just 4 plants at any one time! :sob: that’s rough. But autos are fast, you’ll be on to the next round in 3 months or so, I bet ya.

I couldn’t decide on a single strain, ended up with a Gelato, Super Skunk, OGesus (other seedbank) and Gumberry (other seedbank) - all autos. I’m hoping one round will help me narrow my favorites. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I gotta be honest here. I could care less which side of the isle gets this done. It doesn’t matter because as soon as they do revoke the prohibitions they will begin to govern our use. Taxes will go up on marijuana products, big pharma WILL step in and start tinkering as they always do. Now that MJ isn’t considered medicine, how long do you think it will take for CPS to begin taking children from parents who use marijuana daily. Happens to alcoholics and opiate addicts all the time. The politicization of medicine in the last 5 years makes me sick. Wish the gov would stop regulating my every damn day.
What do you suppose will happen to the seed supply once Monsanto releases their gmo marijuana seeds. I think it would be best if the feds continue to ignore the science behind medicating with cannabis, and let us regulate ourselves.

6 Likes

8-2-21

So, I FIMed my GPDs just now, hoping that it won’t be a big regret down the road. I understand this can be quite a controversial topic in regard to autos, but have seen a lot of positive outcomes in my recent research. I intend to SCROG and hopefully make the best of being allowed only 4 plants at a time.
I Unintentionally Over-trimmed 1 plant about 80%
but did not top it! :sleepy:

The other 3 I got closer to 70%

How do they look? Does the fist pic look ok or over-trimmed?

4 Likes

Looks like a good cut to me but ima n00b so let’s get some other opinions
@Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @pr

3 Likes

Looks good to me. Just as I did, and it got approved by the auto higher ups!?

3 Likes

Im HORRIBLE at FIMs like never catch em right, but looks good to me.

Welcome to ILGM and nice work so far. Happy you kept them all haha! But the one with the weird leaves has some SERIOUSLY tight node spacing. Something tells me she is gonna be some SLEEPYTIME meds indeed. Haha. Here and watching if ya dont mind

6 Likes