Gdp and blue dream autos for the Capt

Quick update on the plants. The gdp are 12 days old and look like they hit the coco loco and ffof mix. Temps stay steady between 73-76 with rh around 60%. I ordered a second 260xl for this tent. Should be here in a couple days. Here are the plants.

The blue dreams are doing ok also. Decided to put them into their pots a little earlier then usual and bury them. They had small roots coming through the nursery bags when I planted them. Temp is a between 72-75 and rh is around 70-75%.

Since I bored you enough already here is one more of some jack I’m smoking.

14 Likes

There probably going to be smaller plant’s. Mine are 22 days the biggest is 10.5" growing nice never the less.

3 Likes

Your plants are looking good how is that 2nd light doing for you?

Here is day 60 of my 4 gdp autos, they do seem to be small plants for sure but dense buds and the next pic is 4gdp and 4 blue dream day 1 today just sprouted.

7 Likes

Your plants look great :sunglasses:. The buds are nice and fat. I haven’t fired up the second light yet. Plan to move the blue dreams into the 4x4 with the gdp’s then I’ll use it. You will be very busy with 8 plants going! Keep me updated on the progress of the 4 older gdp’s.

4 Likes

Haven’t updated in a week but not much going on either. The two gdp’s are growing nicely and got a second attempt at a fim today. I moved the blue dreams to the 4x4 with the gdps. Blue dreams are the small ones in the front and gdp in the back. Think I might drop a couple more seeds now that the 3x3 is open.

12 Likes

Babies are looking good, a nice setup there as well, like it :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Digging the tray set up bro! It’s getting close to Gelato time right???

1 Like

Yes been smoking a little here and there. So far I have really liked it and plan to grow a couple more soon.

Good to hear Capt, got my Northern Lights and Sour D auto’s beans this week and waiting on another 2 pot auto tray to come in. Going to drop 1 of each this weekend. Question for you and @Axemanjake23. On autos when do you start the growth period? The day it sprouts a tail or 5-10 days after? Trying to adjust the nute schedule, so far so good but I’m counting from tail sprout??

2 Likes

Auto pots treating you well? I should look into them. I go by when they break the soil. This run I’m going to start a little later and give them slightly less each feeding to keep the ppms down.

1 Like

I have two plants running in Autopots and so far they are doing pretty well:

12 Likes

Loving the auto pots nice growing system :joy:

5 Likes

Thanks Capt, liking the auto pots. I did a cleaning this morning and set the new tray and pots up for the new beans. Was fighting fungus gnats for awhile. Thank god for Mosquito Bits! @Myfriendis410 your set up looks awesome! Running these 4 in HF medium, think I’ll go back to coco for the upcoming 2. I had to drain the reservoir after checking my run off at the end of my water line. Obviously the HF had considerable more nutes than I anticipated for growth after week 4. Pulled a 2.2 ec and PH was way down at 5.7, 1.4 and 6.3 going in 2 weeks ago. I went light with new res fill at 1.0 ec and 6.2 PH. Decided to flush some sledgehammer through them and may follow up with some Boomerang??? Man the fimm on these 2 younger ones are a mirror image of the larger 2. 1 fat and bushy and 1 responded normally??

7 Likes

How many reservoirs are you running @Myfriendis410 and @Ghobbs82. I was thinking of running two plants off one reservoir. Then I can run different age plants in the same tent but not on the same reservoir. And where did you get your auto pots from?

Good morning Capt, I’m running one 12 gallon reservoir. When I set the third 2 pot system up, I put a shut off valve slightly upstream of each pot system knowing I would have different stages of growth. I top feed those that are not up to the nute strength and then open the flow valve when the others can handle the nutrient level. I’ve been filling the reservoir of 4-6 gallons only. Run off checks are much easier, I also put a shut off valve at the end of the pots to open and check the run off. Auto pots USA is where I purchased mine from. It’s an easy set up and easy to maintain, I like the ability to close the flow off to each pot. Had 2 seem really saturated, but having the ability to close the flow to individual pots allows the others to feed and the wets ones to dry out a little. Only find this to be true with a soil medium, going to run coco on the next 2 coming up and see what happens. The biggest benefit I’ve found is how easy it is to maintain your PH, PPM and EC. Recommend the few gallons at a time due to weekly nute increases. So for me the auto seems to like somewhere between 1/2 to slightly more on the feeding schedule. Maybe it’s just the Skittlez?? Will see when I drop the Sour D and Northern Lights. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Appreciate the info bro :sunglasses:. Putting shut off valves to each pot is a great idea. I have been considering switching to coco after my ffof supply runs out. Also going to switch nutes when my current ones run out. I had better results with fox farm nutes but might try jacks because so many people seem to like it.
The northern light I grew was a big plant while the sour diesel stayed smaller. Both are good strains! Been smoking a bit of my nl this week. Gives me a good happy relaxed but not lazy high :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Good info to know Capt. You’ll like putting a shut off/drain valve at the end of the line off pots. Makes drain ivy the res and checking PH, EC and PPMs effortless. Think I’ll propagate using the HP and maybe occasionally a blend of that and Coco, who knows?? Experimenting at the moment.

2 Likes

Hey, @Capt.Cola …mind if I tag along? I started some GDP & Purple Hunk autos (from MSNL) about the same time you did on April 19th & 25th. I’ll need a little guidance on this my 4th grow.

This is as of yesterday, 5/8…

6 Likes

I’m currently running 2 plants on one rez, top feeding the rest.

4 Likes

Everyone is welcome here brother :sunglasses:. I’ll help you out with whatever I can and if I can’t we will tag people who can. Plants look good :+1:t2: I would consider repotting to their final spot.

2 Likes