@garrigan62 pro mix recipe. Please help

I guess lots of folks over pay for their FFOF… I get 1.5 cuft for 13.99 a few miles down the road at the nursery…and quarts of FF nutes for 10.49 a bottle

2 Likes

It all depends on where you live. And i just ordered sunshine mix #4. It a soil that has great results even for recycling the soil.

1 Like

Did garrigan post his pro mix recipe. I would also like to try something different next grow. I also had ph problems using FFOF

2 Likes

Yes he im me. You might want to ask him.

1 Like

I also am interested in the pro mix recipe as I too use FFOF. Please @garrigan62 can you share with us.

You can create your own Pro mix by adding Coco Coir to your Fox Farm Ocean Forest . I put 2 parts Fox Farm potting soil with 3 parts FFOF with 8 parts of Coco Coir with 50% perlite and 1/4 cup of crushed dolomite lime and used that which is just as similar to pro mix I think , cause Pro mix Sunshine #4 has most Coco , peat moss in it I believe , but adding FFOF helps add iron and calcium to your coco and the Fox Farm potting soil adds the peat Moss , but you can also do layers with your soil which I had great success with also and just a small cup of river sand over the top of FFOF takes care of them gnats or skin milk and coconut water , but fox farm ocean forest is motto hot , but it does have a strong microbial organism in the soil that can be to strong for seedlings , but flushing the soil with 1/4 cup of skin milk and Ph to around 5.9-6.1 before planting can help from burning your seedlings and wait until your plant has the 5-6 th node before feeding unless you experience enough to start sooner with over killing your seedlings with strong fertilizers . You can add 2.5 ml of nutrients to a 6-8 ounce spray bottle and mist your foliage are around the stalk of the plant and not affect its growth . But @Soilgrowth if you switching to Pro Mix #4 remember Pro Mix has a more Coco Coir base and you don’t want to let your medium dry out completely , it’s almost like growing hydroponically , so your keep it moist and add 2.5 ml of cal mag every other watering are 2 ml each feeding and you will do just fine , but learning your soil options is all part of growing the same as your liquid fertilizers .

1 Like

http://www.sungro.com/retail-products?brandID=12&productID=501
actually neither have coco in them but both are close to 40% perlite

@Donaldj I thought he was talking about Pro Mix Sunshine mix #4 .

both are the same I have used both and like both they are super airy and have awesome drainage. Carry a lite start charge both have myko options and they are cheap to buy it certainly wouldn’t hurt to add some more perlite or vermiculite to them but they don’t need much help you can add some organics to it if you wish worm castings bone meal guano but that’s more for mature plants

Well I’ll be picking some up this week , I just seen it and asked about it at my local Hydro store , the new guy didn’t really have much knowledge to share on it and I was wanting the Pro mix sunshine mix # 4 that Latewood told me about months ago but they don’t carry it here , than I found this at a Hydro store I visited in Omaha Nebraske and they told me they could order and ship to my local sore for me back home , but it was this brand Pro Mix and I thought it was the wrong pro mix , but now you open my understanding with this video I’ll go pick it up Tuesday cause they only open 2 days a week here , but hopefully that will change once the legislator figure out what they gone do with Issue 6 passing our ballots for medical use only . I’m trying to get permitted to be one of the local suppliers for the medical option here but it’s a lot of red tape here in the Bible Belt .

1 Like

you would have to have a lot more than just a few plants on the go

I know @Donaldj I’m ready to go bigger on a commercial scale if needed to meet the demands , but I’m in no hurry to make that investment unless it’s legal , that’s too much money to take a lost on honestly , so I just do a couple to stay within the mister meaner of things for now until we get the green light .

2 Likes

And this 2cuft bag of prograde soil is $36. This much ff over 175 dollars. On average. That alone can make sense. And it is designed for cannabis

Maybe you should consider using another hydro store because not only do I think you’re not getting great information there, but I think you’re paying too much?! I just bought 1.36 c.f. bag of fox farm ocean forest for under twenty bucks

Also I would venture that 99% of cannabis Growers DO use Fox Farm ocean forest or at least I would guess that it’s probably the most popular, at least here in the states

But I guess professional growers like you use different mixes, sounds fascinating, but if I were interested in pushing my plants and having more “control” I’d go back to hydro, and not soil at all

1 Like

I prefer hydro but keep my mothers in soil so I typically stick with either sunshine mix #4 or promix HP they are old reliable and most common growing soils here in BC so much so that they are only soils hydro shops here stock both are soil less mixes so plants pretty much only get what you choose to give them. Currently have my ladies in promix AP myco a time release fertilized soil and they are loving it they won’t need more than the lightest of feedings for months and since they are mothers works perfect for me. No need to spend money on nutes for them I added vermiculite just for added moisture retention and price wise it’s cheap but we all have different faves for soil usually based on what we learnt in and until you are mixing your own from scratch layering to make super soils you are just as well off with soil less mixes since they hold light charge then let you feed what you choose

2 Likes