Garden State Garden 2020

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

All your girls are looking great! Do you plan on training the bigger ones, or let them grow naturally?

@Growyourown I did a mix last year of training on my 5 plants. One I left untouched and let grow naturally, the others had a variety of topping done to them, some by deer, some by me, but all ended up with 2-4 big main colas. I kept track of my wet and dry weights, and I do t have the numbers right in front of me, but the one that I let go naturally had a slight bit of a higher yeild…maybe about 5%.

This year I’m going to try topping the smaller 2 I cloth pots for 4 main colas, and letting the larger 2 in cloth pots go naturally!

1 Like

Rain pose…

2 Likes

I’m fairly convinced that outdoor plants, given the genetics, a certain amount of sunlight and soil, are going to produce around the same amount, regardless of training and topping.
This is coming from someone who has topped and supercropped his outdoor plants multiple times lmao

1 Like

Those things are effin beautiful! Super perky from the rain.

1 Like

@Growyourown there was not a really large swing in the numbers from last year, all 5 ladies were within 50 wet grams of each other, and considering they all put out over 700 wet grams, that’s not too bad of a difference between plants

1 Like

The most major difference I noted between them was how difficult it was to prune and prepare for harvesting. The untamed plant was easily the biggest PITA to trim up, but it also looked like a little xmas tree right before harvest… xmas in October :grin:

1 Like

That’s what we’re hoping for again this year haha

1 Like

Moved the blue dreams into the garden today.

1 Like

1 Like

Very happy with my garden location. It gets shade until about 11am and then the sun starts creeping in, and then it’s full sun for the rest of the day. I just went to check on the conditions at 10:30 am and the morning dew has pretty much been evaporated well before the sun moves in.

Comparatively, last year the plants lived on my deck, and would get sun from 9am to 3pm ish, and I think the morning dew didn’t have time to evaporate off before the sun started cooking…excites to see how they do this year compared to last with this change.

I wouldn’t be too overly concerned with morning dew. It’s something the plants have dealt with for many generations.
Plants are looking great tho man. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks @Growyourown !

Last year towards the end of July, early August, I started fighting the dreaded WPM and I’m hoping that the dew being handled a bit differently this year can make a positive difference in keeping the WPM in check

1 Like

Ah, I see. I thought your concern was with sunlight on wet plants. Do you think that the earlier morning sun would dry the plants quicker, making it harder for WPM to take hold?

Was also concerned with the wet leaves getting lensed by the sun, but mainly the WPM later in the year…the garden location is a little more out in the open, catches a little better of a breeze than being on the decl next to the house. Last year the WPM was just unrelenting past a certain point…time will tell!

1 Like

Yes, only time will tell. Sounds like the garden might be a little better spot for fighting WPM.
Have you considered putting plants in both spots this year, so you can directly compare the two spots for WPM effectiveness and growth patterns, considering the different light durations?
One thing I’ve noticed this year, is the plants absolutely love early morning sunlight.

Not a bad idea! I have 2 strains that I cant be sure of the seeds, so am likely going to have to cull some males, but I’m almost 100% positive that the Blue Dream that just went to the garden are from feminized sized seeds, since all 3 seem to be female so far (as well as 7/7 females last year). Maybe I’ll keep the unknown sativas on the deck and stick my Monodo Kush’s out on the garden

1 Like