G13 Grow - still a newby here

Never even heard of vpd. I just looked up the meaning, but how do you measure it?

1 Like

1 Like

Use temperature gun to measure leaf temperature then look at upper left corner of the charts and for example if you’re room temperature and leaf temperature are the same at say 75 f then on chart 1 find room temp 75 and look across and the green zone if you are in early veg shows optimal humidity is between 75 and 85%.
There are plenty of these charts on Google but these are easiest to read. I don’t concern myself with those decimal numbers only being in the zone. Keeping close to this, watching ph of feed and lighting my grows are now monsters.

1 Like

Very cool stuff. The totally anal part of my personality, which is just about all of my personality, loves this stuff. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Do you use android phoneScreenshot_20211113-161111_One UI Home
This app works well in my phone to dial in lighting

2 Likes

Wow. I have not seen that. Very cool. My phone is android. :+1:

1 Like

I have a galaxy s21 and it works really well for me. Even if it’s not completely accurate it keeps me in the zone.
I tagged you in my journal so you can check it out,I’m open to suggestions and questions. Every grow for me gets more exciting.

S21 here, too. The app looks impressive. I’ve been put off by the cost of a good quantum meter. This looks to be a hell of a second fiddle.

1 Like

Don’t have to, but a lot of people do.

1 Like

I’ve grown G13, I doubt you’ll need to raise PPMs over full strength Jacks, specially with using tap water. But if you see deficiencies then raise up the Jacks hydro (part A) a bit, like (4/2.4/1.2) to kick up the phosphorus and potassium some.

2 Likes

Thanks. Good to know you’ve grown G13. I never have. I’ve heard it has a longer flowering period. Was that your experience?

1 Like

All depends on whose G13 you got and what phenos you get but I don’t recall it taking more than 9-10 weeks. I think @MattyBear grew some G13 recently maybe he can shed some light on how long his took.

3 Likes

Sure! I harvested one at 56 days of flower(8 weeks) and one at 65 days of flower (9 weeks and 2 days, although that one could have gone a little longer). Depending on which pheno you get, I’d expect 8-12 weeks

4 Likes

Thanks! I know exactly jack sh*t about phenos, so I need to do some reading. Any good threads on the topic here?

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Newt @Allinherhead @Jake3 @Sindog216 @beardless @Thumper @Hellraiser

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Today is a good a day as any to flip my girls into flower. Again, there are two G13s (the larger two plants) and the runt is a Purple Haze. I am feeding them Jack’s 321 at 100%. Up to now I’ve been adding 3ml per gal of UC Roots, 3ml per gal of silicon and 3 ml per gal of CalMag. To this I am going to add Big Bud and Bud Kandy for flowering.

Thanks to support from this forum, I’ve added much better lighting and figured out how not to kill my girls with it. The free app for measuring PPFD has been very helpful for that.

I hope to be posting pics of some healthy-looking young buds by Christmas.

5 Likes

Out of likes, but… :heart:

Good luck and happy growing! (and Happy Thanksgiving!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Likes