G13 Grow - still a newby here

Where is your RH?

Right about 50%.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Newt @Allinherhead @Jake3 @Sindog216 @beardless @Thumper @Hellraiser

Success! It was the intensity of the lights. A few hours at 75% and the leaves started looking better. Thanks to all for your insights!

4 Likes

The 4000 is a lot light. Glad that is all it was.

1 Like

Awesome, glad we got you back on track! :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Newt @Allinherhead @Jake3 @Sindog216 @beardless @Thumper @Hellraiser

OK, here we go. An unusual grow for me. Three plants, three different sizes and ages. My plan is to keep them all in veg for 2-3 more weeks before flipping. The canoeing issue I had before is 95% resolved, thanks to the help of members here.

5 Likes

You can work to get the plants near the same size with some LST on the bigger ones while the others catch up. The net will help. Just keep tucking and weaving.

3 Likes

On it!! Thx!

2 Likes

A question about PPM for anyone in the know. I’ve been advised in a couple of places that for my G13 girls I may need to pump up the PPM. And since I really don’t know jack about PPM, I thought I better ask. Currently, I’m using Jack’s 321 @100%, the plants (in veg) are looking and acting healthy. My PPM is reading 1200. According to what I am reading that is already really high, and probably due to the fact I am using unfiltered water. So, that raises the question of should I be filtering my water? Also, if I need to raise the PPM in late veg and flower, what am I aiming for. Am I even asking the right questions, lol?

Thanks for any info you can give!

1 Like

I don’t use Jacks (yet), but have you measured the base ppm of your unfiltered water? I believe you should simply baseline at that. If your unfiltered is 200 ppm, then 200 becomes zero, and you measure from there.

1 Like

Doh! Now there’s an idea. :rofl: Thanks!

1 Like

OK, my baseline is 150. That appears to mean that my PPM is till on the high side. Also, and apparently of more concern, my EC is 2.4, when the plain water is .4

Like I said, right now the plants are looking healthy, but according to everything I am reading the numbers are all wrong.

I’ll let others with Jack’s experience take it from there.

1 Like

I use jacks and ro water comes out to about 900 to 1000 ppm I mix 5 gallons at a time. Your plants look happy.

1 Like

That’s reassuring. I am mixing 5 gal at a time, too. I also just discovered that I wasn’t measuring EC correctly. I tested the water directly, not the saturated coco. Tonight is feeding time. I will measure it again.

Thanks!

2 Likes

If they are healthy, good colors then maybe ride it out w/ full strength jacks and the run a booster first couple weeks of flower. I bet some of the jacks army will chime in with an array of options for feeding and some may have run G13 by now. @imSICKkid has been running jacks for a minute and allot of others.

1 Like

I use Jack’s 321 in coco with perlite. During flower I also add silica, maybe another supplement or two, which do not add to PPM. I use a mix of waters. My well is 150 - 180 ppm, I will also use water from a dehumidifier. 0 ppm.
My feed ppm during mid veg through flower, whether top fed plants or autopots, will range from 900 - 1300. The difference in ppm is either the water used, or if I increase Part B for more calcium or Epsom for Magnesium. I am less concerned with higher end ppm during late veg to mid flower. I will still take runoff numbers from the top fed plants. If the ppm get high, 1800 - 2000, I will back off the feed PPM to 800 or so for a feed or two.
From what I can tell and from those that use Jack’s, it is apparently very easy on and very well tolerated by the plants. That is why it is such a good line to use with coco and frequent fertigation and autopots.
I have not burned any up yet. Can’t say the same for fox farms.

2 Likes

Great stuff, thanks. I’ve been using silica during veg. Is that too soon?

Many start using it during veg. Because it firms up stems I don’t start until flower because of the amount of LST I do. I use it more for helping trichomes.

1 Like

I don’t know e.c. I don’t even measure ppm any more only ph for nutes. The g13 I grew were sensitive so sometimes I would mix 5 gallons and add 1/2 gallon of water to lower ppm but still didn’t measure. I do keep eye on vpd and light didtance.

1 Like