G13 Grow - still a newby here

Bummer about the starts hope what you have makes up for it 10x

2 Likes

I’ll be dropping some g13 beans here pretty soon for a pheno hunt. I’ll be keeping a close eye on your grow. Best of luck and I’m sad to hear about the germination rate you’re getting. Hopefully I’ll have better luck.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Newt @Allinherhead @Jake3 @Sindog216 @beardless

OK, here’s an update while my plants are in veg, hoping that the two small ones catch up with the larger G13 before too long. That larger G13 happens to be the most unusual plant I’ve started to grow. It’s about week 3 of veg, and is growing and looking more like ground cover than a vertical growing plant. It has the largest, widest leaves I’ve ever seen on a plant its age, and the stalk is already super thick and inflexible from the base to where I topped it at the fifth node. I hope that means it will turn into a monster, lol, but I don’t even know if it means anything.

Problem: Note the yellow splotches on some of the leaves. I am thinking the issue is probably calcium/mag deficiency? I was told that with using Jack’s that I didn’t need to add CalMag, but I plan on starting it next feeding unless someone here knows something I don’t.

I am LOVING the Jacks 321! So easy/clean/cheap to work with vs the GH and FF I’ve used in the past. I’m using a worksite water cooler to mix 5 gallons of juice at a time. Easy peasy.

Just a guess… But early calcium deciciency?

2 Likes

Offhand, I’d say that’s a pretty good guess. CalMag will tell the tale. Thanks!

1 Like

G13 should have a big appetite! I seen it grown in hydro back in the 90’s and were some of the largest plant I had ever seen. G13 we use to get To my palate always tasted like tangerines. Although I am aware of a tangie g13 I don’t believe if was around then. You may need to just up the over all Jacks formula and ppm’s.

2 Likes

I guess I will find out soon enough!

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Newt @Allinherhead @Jake3 @Sindog216 @beardless @Thumper

Question time here. Note the slight curling of the leaves. I’ve never had this before and don’t know if it is something to worry about. Any ideas?

1 Like

I believe that is referred to as canoeing, assuming we are looking at the same thing. Can indicate a few things:

1. Overwatering
  2. Heat stress
  3. Wind burn
  4. Too much nutrition
5 Likes

Well, I can eliminate heat stress and wind burn. I am using Jack’s 321 @100% but only have canoeing on the largest, oldest of the plants. The other two look fine, and I would think that if it was too much nutes that the younger, smaller plants would be affected. As for watering, they are all in coco, which I thought made it hard to over water. LOL, confusing!

I do water a bit on the heavy side, though. So, I guess my best first option is to cut back on it and see what happens.

Watering is different in Ccoc, and I don’t use it. Let’s tag in @Hellraiser, but just a note… Overwatering isn’t related to how much water you give them. It is related to the grow medium not cycling from wet to dry. Good Luck!

1 Like

What kind of light, and how much is it turned up?

1 Like

Spider Farms 4000. It’s at about 90%, 30 inches from the top of the large plant.

@MudslideSlim, I just clicked on your info. We have a lot in common. I’m a 64 yo apolitical veteran in NW VA. Cheers!

1 Like

Nice to meet you!

1 Like

And you!

Try about 75% and see if they improve by the next day.
They sometimes canoe from too much light too, and every strain is different.

2 Likes

I like what @newt said. I’ll go with heat from light. Put your arm at canopy under light if it feels warm raise your light. Can use temp gun to check leaf temps

1 Like

That makes sense. I will give it a shot. Thanks!

1 Like

On it. Thanks!