G13 Grow - still a newby here

OK, I am starting with an image of my last grow, 486 grams of ILGM Super Skunk from 2 plants using FF. I don’t know if that is a particularly good yield, but it is the highest yield I’ve ever gotten from 2 plants, and I didn’t have good lighting. It doesn’t smell skunky, I am sad to say, but it is really, REALLY good shit, which makes me issue a pass on the terps.

And here are the seeds I just dropped. I’ll be doing two plants again, this time using Jack’s 3-2-1 under my new Spider Farms sf-4000 in a 4’x4’ tent.

I would have put this in the new grow journal area, but it doesn’t include the G13 seeds as an option. I wrote management about this but never got an answer.

I am starting this, my sixth grow, with yet another question about Jack’s. I’ve read that I can use this full strength from seedling to harvest. Is that correct or should I start with less than 100%? Thanks!

10 Likes

Yes this is true. Which makes it easier when you have to water plants that are in multiple stages of growth.

4 Likes

I’ll tag along for the ride. Happy growing!

2 Likes

Congrats on the harvest. 1/2 lb per plant is nice in anybody book.

2 Likes

What grow medium are you using? If you’re in a soil or some soil blend with built in nutrients you’re not going to want to start feeding with anything right away as it would burn them up. If you’re in a neutral medium like coco, hydro or any other soiless medium then feeding jacks 321 at 100% is recommended.

Thanks for the response. I don’t feed them anything for the first seven days after popping. I’m growing in coco/perlite 70/30, so 100% 321 it is.

2 Likes

I am highly considering ILGM g13 my next run

2 Likes

I have not been that adventurous to go 100% while they are seedlings. I go more like 100 - 200 ppm week 1, increase 100 pts the next week. As they become more established increase ppm 200 / week until I’m at 100%
You can check out KootMed DOT Com’s 321 feed schedule. Lots of info in it

Jack’s nutrients Nutrition Schedule targets around 500 ppm to start with. You can search for Jack’s 321 cannabis nutrition schedule

1 Like

Thanks. I will check it out the web site.

PS Great feeding chart on that site but way different from what I’ve been hearing. Thanks again for the info.

Koot Med adds a few additives to the basic 321 formula. CalMag is often necessary in coco. It is added if water source has no calcium or the coco is not buffered with it. Silica is very common add-on for stem strength and trichome production.
Humic acid is a great additive to any medium. I use a combination of humic and fulvic acids. Recharge and tribus are bacteria based root zone enhancers. Again, very common to use. I use products from advanced nutrients like voodoo juice and piranha. Molasses is a carbohydrate (sugar) that feeds the bacteria and is considered a generaI bud builder. I use Bud Candy from AN.
Many, probably most, Jack’s users use the basic 321 formula. I do if I am using autopot.

2 Likes

Me too. I just got them and it’s been a strain I’ve wanted for years even before I started growing.

Yeah, I probably should have mentioned from the start. I will be using Big Bud, Bud Kandy and Recharge along with the 321. Also, I’m glad you brought the CalMag up. I read somewhere, or perhaps saw on a YT video, that with 321 CalMag wasn’t necessary, even in coco. My coco is buffered, but what I gathered was that part b covered it. I guess the girls will tell me if I am doing them wrong.

2 Likes
  • and silica.

It took me a while to back off using so much calmag when I switched to Jacks. I had been using fox farm trio and calmag is automatic. After that I used advanced nutrients. Great stuff, not much need for calmag. Then when I went to coco I over reacted to coco’s need to be buffered with calcium. It also took me a grow to zero in on pH. It is going much smoother now and really like Jacks. I have eleven plants in coco all fed Jack’s.
Many swear by FishSht as an alternative to recharge. I have a full quart of Voodoo Juice to go through and when it is gone I am going to give FishSht a try.
You have chosen excellent supplements and did your homework so you should do well.

3 Likes

More good info, thanks! I started on GH, then tried FF, all in DWC. All the grows went ok, but nothing impressive on yield. This last grow was in coco for the first time and I loved it. I added CalMag to every feeding. It all went very well. Then some folks around here urged me to do the math on Jacks and it didn’t take long to figure out I’ll be saving $$, including the fact I should not need CalMag. I have some left, though, in case the girls start looking deficient.

3 Likes

I have had a crazy start to this grow. First, most of the batch of 20 ILGM G13 seeds I got were duds. I had to take a few shots at germination, thus I ended up taking so long to make this post and with one plant much bigger than the others. Also, I had a buddy give me a Purple Haze sprout, which I am adding to this grow. So, what you’re looking at here is two G13s and one Purple Haze. I will be keeping them all in veg till the size evens out a good bit.

It was a very frustrating start, but I am looking forward to good results before it’s over!

@Covertgrower @Newt @Allinherhead @Jake3 @Sindog216 @beardless

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your duds, I hope you’ve contacted support for replacements. Otherwise looks good in there!

1 Like

Thanks. I will be contacting them. I had another batch a couple of years back that had some duds and customer service made me whole on the jiffy. No complaints there.

2 Likes

Great start! I’m along for the ride.

Happy Growing!

2 Likes