G 13 in soil outside

I have 3 clones I just put outside. Don’t know what I’m doing.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Big123

This is my son. I don’t know about growing in soil, so I told him to get on here and learn. Any help would be appreciated.
First question
How often do you water?

1 Like

Are these in containers or in ground?

5 Likes

With freshly rooted clones it’s important not to soak pot. Water in a small ring around outside of pot so root mass will expand searching for the water. Exactly how much and how often will depend on pot size, media composition, plant size, and environmental conditions.

Also import to remember that clones are considered mature plants and will need nutrients. There is probably some amount of nutrient charge in your soil, but this could vary a lot. So give us as much info as possible and we should be able to get you headed in the right direction.

5 Likes

They are in containers.

2 Likes

I dipped about a quart out of my reservoir and watered each plant with this amount Friday evening. I don’t know how often to tell him to feed them. I did, however, tell he he needs to check his runoff when he’s checking.

2 Likes

I told him to get pictures this evening. They have already re-vegged and are looking good. Right now they are in 3gal buckets, but i told him he would need larger containers soon.

3 Likes

They will be fine in 3 gallon for a little while. The way things work from here, a larger pot will require less maintenance than than a smaller pot. So he should find a good balance of cost and what he’s trying to accomplish.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tag :jack_o_lantern:

Good reading here:

2 Likes

This is more like a plant than a freshly rooted clone. I’m curious as to what the root mass looked like? It’s normal to see some transplant shock in terms of the drooping, but that’s a lot of plant to sustain when struggling to take water.

1 Like

Roots looked good. I left them in the cloner after i took what i needed.

1 Like

Probably pretty big root mass then? My guess is they are trying to get settled so they can get to work.

2 Likes

I don’t think they have a problem, just didn’t know how often to feed and water. I’m in hydro, therefore, I don’t know what to tell him. I THINK the ph runs a little higher, and that’s all I know.

I like to set my ph around 6-6.2 with soils i use. But different blend may want slightly different. Only significant thing really different in soil grow is that you’re not pumping dissolved oxygen into your pots. So you want your media to dry out some between waterings for roots to get oxygen. In a perfect world you would water/feed outdoor plants in morning so the plant has water and nutrients available while processing light. It would use most of the water throughout the day and be drier for roots to get oxygen at night when none of the other stuff is happening. Depending on your pot and plant size may take a couple days to dry out too. As long as your not keeping pot soaked and eventually dries out should be fine.

2 Likes