Future help needed if nobody minds

Hi all, so I have asked a bunch of questions on here and I love this forum. I have been growing only for two years now. I have created 3 strains and have learned a ton(with the help from you guys). Tomorrow I start a a new job of running a small(to start) legal weed farm. It’s my friends farm and he owns one of the biggest legal extraction companies in the world. He is branching off and making a large farm. I know there is a great future in it for me but I don’t want to mess this trial one up. It’s a dream job for me and I was wondering if you guys don’t mind helping me if the time comes? I really appreciate it and I’ll post some pics tomorrow.

6 Likes

People here will always help just ask @Daveralphh and we love pics @Sirsmokesalot this is right up your alley

4 Likes

Exciting!

I’ve never done a commercial grow, but here are my first thoughts.

Focus on 3 proven strains. Don’t worry about breeding for the 1st and 2nd year.

Start with 20 seeds of each strain and find 2-3 of each strain to be clone mothers.

Your boss/investor is going to want to see some killer weed before you start talking breeding.

Good luck, plenty of help here.

5 Likes

Great thanks. He’s already started this grow unfortunately. It’s an outdoor grow and I’m not 100% sure what his end game is, he has like 15 different strains. He’s way too busy with his main company to keep doing it. I’m going in blind today by myself haha. Still amazing and exciting. He said one of the plants isn’t doing well so I’ll need some help with that one. Thanks guys and I’ll def send some pics

5 Likes

Good luck

3 Likes

Uploading: 4B87440A-3940-4657-97DF-29035F241FCF.jpeg… Uploading: 1ACE9942-7A08-4FE8-8014-7C45AF0DDB3E.jpeg… Uploading: E6FE7886-CA94-43F4-BAEC-FC1A8411F7BA.jpeg… this is what I just walked into

1 Like

You have to wait until the picture populates.

1 Like

I’m intrigued please take the time and wait till the pic loads 100 % I’m dieing to see this … not much of an outdoor guy but I’ll stick around as I plan to one day go commercial and make some good money doing something I live …its alittle more realistic then being a fishing boat captain in the keys… you need a shit ton more money to start that up then when I’m aspiring currently

1 Like

Sorry guys, my phone doesn’t reach at the compound. Let’s try this again

2 Likes

I’m guessing cause they are the larger leaves it could have been from previous stress. I have never seen a ladybug like this. I’m assuming it’s a predictor. I don’t have any info on these plants so I’m in the dark about everything. I’m going back tomorrow so I’ll test the ph of the well water being used. Gave them a light feeding today. Going to clean up around the bottom of the plants. He wants clones taken from all them. I have never cloned in flower, I have a 100% success rate of cloning in veg… anything different I should know?

3 Likes

That ladybug is in the middle of molting. Super cool shot! :v:

1 Like

Sounds like you have a good course of action. That will definitely keep you busy. Purple on the leaves can be from cold nights. The yellow leaves look normal. Outdoor I pull them off and move on. I think the red is normal too. They all seem to be budding nicely.

2 Likes

Great thank you so much for the input

1 Like

Agreed. Looking good.

Cloning in flower, same as veg, just takes a little more time.

Are you going organic or synthetic on nutes?

Here in CA caterpillars are the worst outdoors. I would start a preventative regime of spraying for them now(Monterey BT, Thuricide BT, captain Jacks, etc…).

You can also spread bird seed around the plants to encourage birds to come and they will eat some caterpillars as well.

1 Like

Leaves don’t last forever man 99% looks great

O.k. get some brown sugar and molasses 1 tablespoon to a gallon of water and get your microbes up and going on the one with the red leaves that is the start of a imbalance in the soil i have this happens to my soybeans and wheat

Your next big thing is alfalfa tea which is a cup of alfalfa meal or pellets to a gallon of water put in a bubbler for at least 6 hrs best if over night or 24hr then feed and they will explode a 50lb bag of alfalfa pellets is 20 dollars from the feed store or co-op you can also use barely but you will want as close to row 6 as possible
I showed what the alfalfa can do in my grow journal i will dig up what that red purple is in a minute

1 Like

Reddish purple on the leaves are a phosphorus deficiency my soybeans look like that for a little bit on this 2 acer spot but finally got it to turn around

4 Likes

Organic

2 Likes

Thank you. I will do it next watering

1 Like