Fustrated, need advice please!

Hi I am new to growing have had 4 grows indoors and outdoors to now with good results. I am growing a Cbd strain and have used Lst, topping, cropping, I very lightly defoiliate the bottom and middle of my plants regularly, but not going to touch them until I flip them. I want to flip them to flower however I think I have Interveinal chlorosis. In the first 4 weeks of veg I didn't give them much nutrients, when I saw this appear on one of the plants I slowly up the feedings, added calmag and it went away, however the smaller plant has the same problem now. All the leaves from bottom to top are affected, It's been 10 days and not much improvement. My ppm's are always under 800, I know I can push it to 1200 just don't want to burn them. In week 7 of veg just wanted to get as many tops i could before going into flower. Going to spray some epson salts tonight at lights out to ee if it helps. Can I flip them into flower before resolving this issue, should I scrap the problematic plant.Was going to scrog them one week before I flip, but now I don't want to strees them before resolving my problem.

I don’t know if I posted this in the right place, if I didn’t can you please correct it.

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)- Harlequin cbd,fem,photo
-Age of plant- 7 weeks into veg
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF- Pro-Mix BX Mycorrhizae
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)- 5 gallon fabric pot
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - Tap water 7.5 under 130 ppm
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable- varies between 400 and 800 depending what I think the plant needs
-Method used to measure PH and TDS- 2 ph meters and 1 ppm meter
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space- 4x4 indoor grow tent
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum- AR4000 PRO, at 40 % strength. 24 inches from plant
-Actual wattage draw of lights -400 watts
-Current Light Schedule- 20-4
-Temps; Day, Night-76-80 day, 67-70 night
-Humidity; Day, Night-50-60 day, 40-50 night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size not using now
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, not using now
-Co2; Yes, No- **

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

2 Likes

I’ll keep my opinion to myself for now, and let somebody more experienced advise, lest I lead you down the wrong path. I’m pretty whoever helps is going to need details on your nutes. Whose you use, frequency, add’l supplements, etc. might as well get them out there now.

Please confirm - when you water the ph is 7.5?

Need to bring that down to around 6.5 in soil, 5.8-6.0 in coco/hydro. What kind of nutrients are you feeding and how often. They look hungry.

1 Like

Hello, my tap water is at 7.5, when i feed them i use General Hydroponics, Floragrow series and Calmag and the ph is beteen 6.1 and 6.3. In veg I always keep the ppms under 800, but I look at what I think the plants needs. Usually feed…feed at half the recommended strenght then water. Promix is a soiless medium so it does not hold the nutrients unless i misinterpreted research I have done. Let me know what you think any input may lead me down the path to finding a solution, thanks again

Your last pic looks like magnesium deficiency to me. Could be because you’re not giving enough or because you have a ph-based lockout. Don’t go strictly by my opinion, though. Too new at this to be reliable, but that last pic looks like the example pics everywhere I’ve looked.

Hy welcome to the community @rick2420

I understand that you pH it 6.3 with GH nutrients what about went you just water them?

I ask cuz 7.5 is high pH water to give in soil
And that cause nute problems

1 Like

I’m not familiar with using promix personally, but if it’s considered a soiless medium then I would PH at 5.8-6.0 range to allow roots to absorb nutrients properly. In soiless medium since it does not hold nutrients, I feed mine daily (I’m in coco). I haven’t used GH nutrients but haven’t heard anything negative about them. I would up the feeding strength a little bit. Good thing about soiless medium it shows the deficiencies quicker, but once it is corrected, you see the results quicker as well. So if you get slight nute burn on the tips, scale back alittle. Sounds like you just need to dial in the nutrient schedule and strength, then PH the water lower.

@PurpNGold74, @Covertgrower ya’ll have any feedback on promix PH?

Yes thats what i think it is also, I am patient, my biggest question is should I resolve this issue before flipping to flower, like the buds are just craving to stretch, but if the plant is not at it’s optimium it will affect the bud delvelopment in my opinion, but really appreciate your imput, ty

Promix bx is peat with vermiculite.

@Highwayman420 I use GH nutrients and so far its working perfect for my autos just a example

2 Likes

Outta love, but I would for sure treat the promix same a coco PH. Up the nutes and yes…get it dialed in before flower.

Hey ty I already feel at home lol. When I water them only I keep it always between 6.1 and 6.3

2 Likes

OK so watering pH in in good range
How many ml of calmag do you add to you gl of water?

1 Like

Which is high for a soilless medium (at least for coco)

They say between 3 and 5 ml per gallon so i give them 3ml

I called for a few moderators to assist, but I truly believe they are just a tad bit underfed and PH is slightly high, even a small increments PH can throw your plants for a loop.

@rick2420 not, used 5ml of cal mag them just see if they like

I used 5ml of cal mag for gl of water

hey thanks, was ph’ at 6.3 before and lowered it to 6.1 don’t want to go to fast, but the research i did leads be to believe that i should be at 5.9-6.0 just seems so low :smile: and what I did increase was the nitrogen and the calmag but just a little, like the leaves are not dark green so i think your right, need to up the nutrients