Fungus gnats be gone

As my grow gets bigger, so did the gnat problems. Keeping the soil dry enough to stop them was a problem. So this is what I did. When I did my transplants into the solo cups, I cut the bottom out of them and sealed with newspaper. I then planted the cup and rooted cutting into my grow bags. The newspaper dissolves as I water the plants through the opening of the cup. This keeps the top of the soil dry and waters the plant as needed.The water disperses throughout soil and waters it below the gnat larvae. I then take a small amount of DE and cover the soil inside the cup opening. The small amount of DE is much easier to use than trying to cover the soil in the bag. Also, my fans don’t blow it all over the place. I have also increased the air flow inside the tent. Instead of hundreds of gnats on my sticky traps, I see only a few. FUNGUS GNATS suck.

Dillard
PS I have so much more time to love my girls since the Corona-19 virus. Donald Trump is dangerous and must be stopped in November. At 71, I am not ready to go because of his ignorance.

3 Likes

Good luck with the gnats.

3 Likes

cut strips of Yellow glue strips, put on top of the soil, youl be amazed. And don’t over-water

those buggers walk before they fly so these glue strips make it so they walk no more :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input, kind of looks like you are doing the same as I posted. The Yellow sticky traps work awesome. It is now that they aren’t covered with the gnats. My wife is on my case about them, but hard to make her happy. Tks again

1 Like

I used to suck the top couple inches of soil up with my shop vac. Couldn’t even hear them scream. Thanks for the post.

1 Like

So… Your blaming President Trump for your incompetence?? Typical…

3 Likes

Now I wish I Didnt share my advice! Jack Wagon!

2 Likes

Actually I am a Vietnam combat vet. His leadership would have earned him a frag. People don’t F with peoples life because they think they are better than the people under them. If it wasn’t for my herbal medicine, I would be dead now. Respect your opinion, but don’t make assumptions about who I am.

5 Likes

Well thats special… Ditto 25yrs. Active duty. People like you who DONT follow orders get people killed. Take your suppose Military service and use it on a snowflake who cares what a liberal speaks. And find something for your deep TDS and plz dont interject politics into this. This aint the place.

3 Likes

Really, I find politics has caused great misery on this issue. Maybe the death penalty for smoking weed would be fine. Because we have aholes running our great country that would agree with that. By the way, thanks for your service. No more from me, you win. Just hope we run into each other some day, I would buy you a beer or smoke some of the land race Thai I smuggled back 48 years ago. Beats the hell out of the crap out there now. Oh yeah, I was a platoon leader during Tet. Hated 2nd Lt. Peace out.

2 Likes

One more thing, following orders in combat, does kill people.

2 Likes

Can’t help myself I 'm no fucking liberal and I hate snow.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I feel bad that I kinda lost my shit. At 71 years of age, you would think that time heals all wounds.

2 Likes

Use BTi for fungus gnats. Available in pure form on ebay, in diluted form in mosquito bits. This is the easiest and most effective way to get rid of them.

2 Likes

I had my first grow about that time. Northern lights in Wisconsin. Four of the most beautiful plants I ever saw.

1 Like

Thank you! Been going to order some, but just haven’t got it done.

1 Like

You better tear up that check from Trump since you dont like him.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to offend people and I am sorry about that. I won’t get a check since I don’t work anymore. However, I do get a disability check cuz the VA thinks I’m crazy. And to let you know, marijuana has saved my life. The nasty stuff I was on was, well NASTY. I grow for other vets as well, and have a lot of them growing their own. Wisconsin is a non legal state, although it appears that the law has decided to look the other way. Again, sorry if I offended you about President Trump.

2 Likes

I think it was more that the two topics don’t correlate. He specifically said he wouldn’t go after states with legal marijuana because they are a focus group test that the federal govt doesn’t have to pay for. So he is not one of the A-holes you referenced wanting to guillotine weed offenders. Politics is the enemy of progress to be sure but not the enemy of plants. It just threw me we went from fungal gnats to Trump which is a far stretch lol. All that being said… now I’m going to poke fun :joy: did I read you were a butter bar? In the tet offensive?

2 Likes