Fungus Gnats, And white tips

Ok I have my MW there in to week 5 of veg and I’m getting white tips and I saw 1 little flying bug in my tent. I’m using soil and have not added any nutrients yet

3 Likes

I think you’re plant looks good I see nothing to worry about. Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Looks like a bit of “nute burn”, nothing to worry about unless it gets worse.

Some folks use the tips being “painted” as a signal that they are feeding heavy enough, they might back off on the nutrients a bit when they see the tips turn yellow.

As @kellydans says, your plants look great.

Edit: for the gnats, I use Captain Jacks and DE to control them along with hanging fly strips in the room.

3 Likes

I also read something about sticky pads but have not been able to find them. I have not feed them yet but watered till I got a runoff and the ppm’s Were high so I’ll just keep watering thanks

3 Likes

I run my soil fairly hot and get a bit of tip yellowing on some plants even when I have not started feeding yet. It has not been a problem for me.

The sticky pads are normally placed on the soil or near by…I have not found them locally and have not bothered to order. The strips with a weight on the bottom work well for me. The weight prevents the nasty thing from swinging around (from the fan blowing) and what not.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can find the sticky pads in Amazon

1 Like

Same, but I make sure it’s food grade

1 Like

In a small bowl or glass mix same parts water and apple cider vinegar. To the tip top. Then add a little dawn dish soap and stir up tell bubbles form on top of the solution. Place in ur tent over night. The gnats will be attracted by the smell and land in the bubbles trapping them and drowning them. One night normally clears my tent. And your plants look fine. I would not worry about a little nute burn like the others said.

2 Likes

I’ve also found putting a little sugar in the mix really attracts them! I also put plastic over them and poke holes so they get trapped. They are always in my house during the summer, darn things. @Axemanjake23

2 Likes

Release a few thousand lady bugs

3 Likes

I will have to try the sugar.

3 Likes

1500 Live Ladybugs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B5BBNPS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_A.vWDbMAK5SRS

I’m lazy and like to know the job is done better than I could do and faster. This method makes sure you don’t treat your product with harmful chemicals that could potentially be transferred to your customers.

3 Likes

That would be fun in a 3’x3’ tent

3 Likes

You can buy smaller quantities like 150. That’s what I use to do. Put em in the fridge and they hibernate for a while too.

2 Likes

I know next summer I’ll be growing outside and I’ll be getting some for that I didn’t know I could get them from amazon but I’m more worried about gypsy moth and tent worms

1 Like